Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT  (Read 1242 times)

Debra66

HRT
« on: May 12, 2020, 12:16:53 PM »

I have been taking Utrogestan 100mg 1 tablet a day since & Estrogen gel since December 2018. Suddenly I have developed very sore tender breasts, like I used to have just before my period, only I have it every day 😣. Any ideas why it's just started?

Sammiejane

Re: HRT
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 03:27:27 PM »

how many pumps of gel are you on ?

where is the tenderness around the nipple or under boob and sides ?

generally round the nipple is to high estrogen and the boob area is to much progesterone in relation to the amount of estrogen this is what i have discovered on this regime but i've been on it 3 months now and feel great but scalp has started becoming sore which i think is the gel x

Tinacros

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 09:16:02 AM »

how many pumps of gel are you on ?

where is the tenderness around the nipple or under boob and sides ?

generally round the nipple is to high estrogen and the boob area is to much progesterone in relation to the amount of estrogen this is what i have discovered on this regime but i've been on it 3 months now and feel great but scalp has started becoming sore which i think is the gel x
This is interesting, I've also had a sore scalp too. I feel I've been picking at it more. Sometimes I get a burning sensation too. I've not been on this regime long but I have the sore breast and nipple. My oestrogen levels were 111 when I switched from femoston conti and I started gel at 1 pump. Do two when I take utro every other night. I am post meno. But feel awful on this regime :( XX

Debra66

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 12:04:32 PM »

Thank you Sammiejane,

I was using 4 pumps a day in the mornings on my inner thighs & didn't have any breast pain. I have recently changed to 2.5 pumps at night on my arms & wondering if I need to up it to 3 pumps. I am taking continuous 100mg.
My hair loss is awful & not sure if I have an alternative to the gel.

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 06:21:08 PM »

debra66

hi there i've had hysterectomy so progesterone isn't needed but i do take it 100mg daily orally i've been great for first 2 months hair on gel 2 pumps and the utro and hair shedding up to 6-8 in wasn't shedding then slowly i've noticed more hairs on floor however i's a lot less then estrogen alone and then i started getting sore scalp so i increased the gel to 2.5 pumps which was better however i then started getting more armpit and groin sweating and bloating so not sure what to do stressing me out and hrt giving me aniexty depression i was. hrt free for 4 yrs and only started due to watery discharge possible urine leakage but couldn't tell and although this has improved slightly as i also take overtin vagi ally is hasn't stopped and now i have weight gain hair loss mood swings etc and. now to top of off flushes at night when again upping the gel so i can't win and seriously thinking of stopping and just taking vaginal estrogen because 2 pumps gel i get watery discharge bladder irritation 2.5 sore boobs bloated and if i stop progesterone i get hair shedding bad and although testosterone may or may not improve this i?m just don't know what to do x

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 08:21:15 PM »

Hello Debra66

I stopped taking HRT almost a year ago. I was using 2 pumps of gel and Utrogestan 100mcg vaginally. I stopped Utrogestan first and after two weeks my breast tenderness resolved.  It may be that your Utrogestan is having more impact now you have  reduced your gel.

Hopefully this helps you.

Take care.

K.

Sammiejane

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 01:30:22 PM »

kathleen

hi there any advice on what i should do my main issues that effect me have been hair loss and vaginal

2 pumps gel 100mg i feel fine in my self but notice hair shedding a bit more compared to off hrt but not as bad as estrogel alone but also loosing very tiny hairs which i think is nape of neck hairline but i also get this watery discharge on this dose sore scalp to

2.5 pumps gel and 100mg utro i find scalp irritation not as bad but bloated and sore boobs and increase sweating armpit and groin flushes at night

i tried 2 pumps and progesterone alternate but this didn't help felt out of sorts the days i didn't take progesterone and also had more flushes but less watery discharge and hair shedding

so i?m not sure whether to come off this regime take a break or try without progesterone as i don't need it but i spent a year on estrogel only and hair shedding was way worse so i can't win and don't know what to do x

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 03:54:18 PM »

Hello Sammiejane.

I could help you but I honestly don't know why my hair has not been affected by the menopause.  I have been on various regimes and have been off HRT completely for almost a year and apart from going a bit more grey my hair hasn't changed. I have not escaped menopause unscathed though as I continue to struggle with mood swings and some VA.

I wonder if you colour your hair as mine used to be more brittle and break easily when I dyed it years ago. Also I suspect hair needs a good blood supply just like everything else so maybe look at your diet and lifestyle?

I realise many ladies have a similar problem and a friend of mine is always complaining about her thinning hair.

Sorry I can't be of more help but if I come across any information that would help you I will post it on the forum.

Take care.

K.