Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Whats going on with me new to peri?  (Read 1312 times)

Lulu_garden

Whats going on with me new to peri?
« on: May 25, 2020, 03:23:22 PM »

Im 49 and married over 28 years. We run a successful vape business so gratefully  i dont have to go in public much. Our son works on the front lines so he's currently temporarily moved out with his fiancee. My h has bipolar etc and had a stroke a couple years ago so is on the conspiracy covid daily rant so im pretty much on my own. I do have two Gsds and they have been by my side and watching me go through this physical insanity.. as honestly.. I really dont understand any of this peri or menopause stuff. What i know is i was using a app on my phone tgat would tell me when aunt flo was going to visit next. Then a few months ago she didn't come by. I started getting body flushing at night (no sweats i was never a sweater) and now it happens sometimes during the day. Then she did come by a month ago just to peek her head in for a couple days and then she disappeared. Once again according to my app i should have had the visit but nothing. I feel flat most of the time. We dont understand what is happening and im nervous about it. Because that too seems to be one of the issues lately! 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 03:29:05 PM by Lulu_garden »

Taz2

Re: Whats going on with me new to peri?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 04:09:46 PM »

Hi Lulu - what you describe is typical of the years leading up to menopause which is when your ovaries begin to fail and your oestrogen level begins to drop.  It all sounds "normal" to me. Monthly cycles can vary hugely in length and timing between them. You  may miss quite a few then have a few months when you get a period right on time. The longest I went between periods was eleven months then I went back to a fairly regular cycle. You may have long periods or short ones, light or heavy. You should not have bleeding after sex though - that is one thing that has to be reported to your GP.

As your oestrogen level drops then more symptoms can turn up (delightful) and sweating/hot flushes is one of them. You might also experience vaginal dryness/pain or urinary infections. This is because the lack of oestrogen leads to thinning of the tissues so they are more easily damaged and germs from the back passage are more easily able to be transferred to the vagina. Sometimes you get the feeling that you have cystitis but there is no infection when your urine is tested. Vaginal symptoms do need discussing with your GP as they don't get better on their own. Topical oestrogen is usually necessary either in the form of a pessary or cream.

There is lots of information on this site so keep reading and posting! Sorry if this is a bit disjointed but I'm on my phone not the laptop and haven't got my specs on  ;D

Taz x  :welcomemm: