Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan/Oestrogel switch to Evorel Conti advice  (Read 3740 times)

Blue Kingfisher

Utrogestan/Oestrogel switch to Evorel Conti advice
« on: May 25, 2020, 03:46:15 PM »

Hi everyone & anyone,

I'm after some switching advice if possible....I'm on Utrogestan 7 days per month & 5 pumps Oestrogel daily (I absorb poorly). I want to try Evorel Conti and not sure what to ask my GP for? Does Evorel Conti come in one dose only or is there a choice? I'm trying to work out what dose of patch I would need that would most closely match what I am on. I fully appreciate I may absorb the oestrogen better via patch or may need to top up with Oestrogel but advice on the starting patch dosage would be hugely appreciated.

Is there a ?better? time to transition than another? I'm thinking it might be less of a shocker for my body if I try switching when I am due to start Utrogestan as my body should in theory be more ready for the progesterone part of the patch. Also, how long does it take for the patch to start to work? Should I stop the Oestrogel straight away to see if the patch is enough or gradually reduce it whilst I trial the patch?

Sorry for so many questions & im sure it's different for everyone but any experience, guidance, ideas are greatly appreciated. I'm planning on calling my GP early this week to request Evorel Conti so I'm trying to get my ducks in a row as much as possible before the phone call! I always get flustered when I speak to a doctor so the more prepared I am the greater chance of getting what I need for the trial, gulp!

Thank you in advance ladies  :)

Dotty

Re: Utrogestan/Oestrogel switch to Evorel Conti advice
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 04:29:56 PM »

Hi Evorel Conti only comes in one strength and is equivalent to 2 pumps of Oestrogel.

Evorel Conti contains the right amount of progesterone for the strength of patch so it's not advisable to top up with gel.

You could use an oestrogen only patch and top up with gel, but you would need a separate progesterone ( Utrogestan or Provera or Mirena coil. ) xxx

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 06:43:24 AM »

Thank you Dotty, that's helpful regrading the equivalent oestrogen dosage in the patches to 2 pumps of oestrogel. This matches what another lovely lady said on another thread. Why can't you top up with oestrogel with combi conti patches though if it's ok with oestrogen only (as long as you have a progesterone solution in place)? I don't understand the difference..... :o

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 04:26:11 PM »

Hi the advice is that the amount of progesterone in the patch is enough for the amount of oestrogen in the patch . If you top up with gel then you might not be getting enough progesterone . X

Janeydrew

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 04:09:11 AM »

Hi just a quick question can you still get the patch as I was on patches. They disappeared, I was put on gel and tablets but I'm not liking this regime I want patches but have tried my chemist and boots they saying they can't get them. Just wondered where these are available xx