Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Constant bleeding  (Read 928 times)

shrosphirelass

Constant bleeding
« on: June 30, 2020, 03:32:44 PM »

I have been bleeding non stop for nearly 5 weeks and it seems to be getting heavier and is now bright red. I changed to evorel conti 4 months ago. The menopause clinic said that intermittant bleeding often occurs for up to 6 months, but there's nothing intermittant about this. I'm starting to get a bit worried. Should I contact my GP or wait another 2 months? I'm just concerned that if I wait and there is anything else going on it may get worse.

Katejo

Re: Constant bleeding
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 05:01:18 PM »

I have been bleeding non stop for nearly 5 weeks and it seems to be getting heavier and is now bright red. I changed to evorel conti 4 months ago. The menopause clinic said that intermittant bleeding often occurs for up to 6 months, but there's nothing intermittant about this. I'm starting to get a bit worried. Should I contact my GP or wait another 2 months? I'm just concerned that if I wait and there is anything else going on it may get worse.
Have you ever been checked for fibroids or polyps?  My bleeding with Evorel was much lighter than this.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Constant bleeding
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 05:06:38 PM »

Contact your Practice Nurse.  It may be a fibroid.  There is medication that can ease continual bleeding.