Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Covid rule breakers next door.  (Read 13118 times)

jaypo

Re: Covid rule breakers next door.
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2020, 09:13:38 AM »

Yep, I agree,I'd write to them penguin

Sparrow

« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2020, 09:27:48 AM »

It's what I have always said.  The biggest danger is in the supermarket.  That's why I abandoned Waitrose, at the beginning of lock down, because they were very slow to put good systems in place.  Much better now though.

It's also why I am comfortable being out and out in the fresh air.  Much safer and so good for mental health.

suzysunday

« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2020, 10:00:45 AM »

I still regularly see children fully sitting in shopping trolleys (not in the part meant for toddler) and the supermarket staff don't say anything.  I know the staff need say so from above but why is it allowed especially with the virus.

Sparrow

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2020, 10:11:53 AM »

Children in supermarkets have always been a problem.  Allowing them to to ride scooters in store particularly bugs me.

The worst though is the tongs for cakes etc.,  I stopped using them when I twice saw parents allowing their babies/toddlers to suck them. Uck.  >:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2020, 12:16:36 PM »

:o

Apparently the Staff get abuse if they ask parents 'not to ...... ' so I to in all guns blazing.  I had it out with a parent several years ago whose child was standing in a trolley.  Warned her that many children fall from trolleys across the UK and not all go home, many end up in coffins or worse.  A while later she came up and told me 'sorry, I've thought about what you said' so I explained that I worked for a head injury consultant.

I as a Manager would ask shoppers to leave mobiles, scooters, kids, dogs, buggies outside  ;D

Sparrow

« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2020, 12:22:19 PM »

I'd add husbands to that list.

Joaniepat

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2020, 12:31:53 PM »

The worst though is the tongs for cakes etc.,  I stopped using them when I twice saw parents allowing their babies/toddlers to suck them. Uck.  >:(
Thanks for the warning. Normally nothing surprises me but this one did. Bleugh!
JP x

sheila99

« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2020, 01:10:24 PM »

I'd add wives to the list. Husband can do the shopping😁

CLKD

« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2020, 04:17:35 PM »

:rofl: ........ however: we break rules in Waitrose by shopping as a pair though not together  :D 1 list and a trolley each  :whist:

Penguin99

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2020, 06:36:13 PM »

There was a manager saying please remember to distance, but people were just grabbing stuff and putting it in their baskets, then  they would go through what they'd got & put back what they didn't want, shocking! I was listening to the radio earlier and there was a leading scientist saying please still be careful the uk government easing it too soon :sigh:

CLKD

« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2020, 07:23:56 PM »

Shoppers are asked to take and stick to a list.  DH was picking stuff up and putting back in a garden centre yesterday .......  >:(  :kick: even with a list.

I think that the staff should fetch items off the shelves that they are selecting for isolators etc. after store is shut!

Penguin99

« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2020, 07:38:37 PM »

I also think that shopping deliveries should be for the vulnerable  & isolaters too. We had a call from the shielding team asking if my husband needed shopping, meds etc, I said I can do it, please give the help to someone who needs it and doesn't have anyone to do it for them.

CLKD

« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2020, 07:48:19 PM »

Better that someone contacts the public in case they require assistance.  Peoples' situations alter on a daily basis and it would be dreadful for anyone to be missed. 

sheila99

« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2020, 07:58:32 PM »

That's the fault of the Store Penguin
I feel deprived, we don't have Store Penguin. Not enough fish here?  :)

jaypo

« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2020, 08:45:35 AM »

Thing is with some stuff I NEED to look at the ingredients,which means I have to pick things up,that goes for a lot of people these days with so many allergies
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10