Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Fed up trying  (Read 1494 times)

CrispyChick

Fed up trying
« on: May 09, 2020, 03:36:42 PM »

I just need to tell someone.

I'm on my 4th combined pill, in an attempt to find something to help my hideous meno symptoms, initially extreme dizziness and nausea. I'm on my 4th pill because each one takes me to hell and back as I try and get on it.

I've just done 3 1/2 weeks on brevinor. I think this is quite high in estrogen. It is my son's birthday today and I am fed up feeling ropey. This one has given me loads of symptoms and I've had enough. I think I'll switch back to the last one which gave me extreme anxiety, which I'm now thinking is better than this bag. 🤷‍♀️

Didn't get my meno clinic appointment due to covid. My gp isn't sure what to do with me. So I think I need to pick the best of a bad bunch until I get to clinic. Fed up.

This has been a long, unsuccessful road!!! I'm 43.

Thanks for listening. X

sheila99

Re: Fed up trying
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 04:39:59 PM »

Perhaps you should try hrt rather than a contraceptive pill? Have a look at the Treatments option from the menu at the top. Transdermal is safer than oral so I would ask for a patch or gel. If you're peri you need to use it on a cycle but I would do so anyway. Usually the problem is with progesterone and this way you can see. If you use hrt you can alter the oestrogen dose to suit.
Sometimes a clueless doctor is an advantage. I got oestrogel and utrogeston from one who knew nothing about so gave me what I asked for, I wouldn't have got it from the 'expert' 😁

CrispyChick

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 07:41:27 PM »

Thank you.

Hrt has certainly crossed my mind, but I'm scared to try without advice. I've been through so much already and there seem to be so many hrt choices, and people struggling on here, that I just feel overwhelmed.

My gp would give me whatever I ask for, I'm sure. But I haven't looked into hrt at all.

I have struggled with pills with too much estrogen, so I wonder if I'm not yet ready for hrt.

I've perked up a bit this evening, so taken my current pill again. If someone could say I would definitely feel better after 3 months, I'd happily trudge through it. But the first pill I managed 3 mo ths on gave me terrible and very frequent migraines, so it had to go.  :'(

Mogster71

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 08:00:49 PM »

The level of oestrogen in HRT is much less than that in the birth control pill, and works differently.

You have my complete sympathy with the symptoms you're going through.

Early peri saw me with frequent (what I thought were) vertigo attacks, with accompanying nausea. Docs thought it was vertigo but knowing what I know now I think it was hormone related.

Hope you can find some relief soon xx

CrispyChick

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 10:06:43 AM »

Actually, when I think about it, all the pills have brought relief from the vertigo. I stopped the pill altogether after my first trial one and within a week I was stuck in bed with vertigo. So I guess I have to look on the positives.

It's just so hard trying to muddle through all the various side effects. I do think too high an estrogen is causing my head and nose problems, but two low e.g mini pill or very low dose combined pill and my mood is bad. Trying to find that happy medium......... Feels impossible. Very hard as half the pill choice has gone out of stock 🙄

Mogster71

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 10:25:35 AM »

Its so hard to find the positives sometimes when you are in the thick of feeling rough. I'm definitely guilty of running out of patience with what doesn't appear to be working, but sometimes when you look back you can see that certain parts are not as bad. What I have found helpful is keeping a daily log with the good, the bad and the ugly of how things are -emotions/symptoms/food/drink/exercise etc. It might help you to find a pattern to when you feel your best/worst at various times of your cycle. Eg Nose problems worse  at end of pack etc. Certainly will give you something to explain either to the GP or your meno clinic when you are able to get there

Do you have any meno symptoms other than the dizziness/nausea? x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 11:28:07 AM »

You need to tackle the vertigo?  It could be inner ear infection - though as oestrogen levels drop, muscles may become lax which can affect the inner ear.

What have you go to lose if you stop all treatment for 4-5 weeks?  Give your body a chance to reset itself?  No medication is worth feeling worse on! 

Make a note of when your last period was.
Keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress, some find it of use.
Eat well, keep hydrated.
Exercise gently.

Then review?  I hated vertigo but it struck always after a cold ......... I also have a trapped nerve or muscle in my neck which makes me go 'oh' sometimes .   You may have a vertebrae problem which would be diagnosed by X-ray.  Don't blame every thing on The Change ;-)

:tulips2:

CrispyChick

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 01:02:34 PM »

Thanks for replies.

I'm 100% sure this is hormonal. I think the fact the pill can take the vertigo away, speaks volumes. But before that, it's a long story, but I had 2 years of hell and every test under the sun.

If I come off for 4 weeks, I have no doubt I'll go downhill quickly. This is what happened in Dec.

So, I'm not liking this high estrogen pill. I think I'll go back to the last one and try again. I might try hrt, but I want to go to meno clinic first. Perhaps by thd time I get there I'll be in meno  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 01:53:21 PM »

better to go for an appt prior? so that you are well prepared ?

CrispyChick

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 03:11:32 PM »

I've swapped pills.  ???.

Just could t stick the sinus issues I was getting. Plus some strange pains that felt like endometriosis but all month long..... Not a good feeling. Back on the pill that ha e me bad anxiety until I can get to meno clinic.

Thumping head since last night...... That'll be the 5mg drop in estrogen 😬

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2020, 03:14:43 PM »

Little steps ......