Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New to HRT , is it normal to have a show on day 22?!  (Read 595 times)

Emm225

New to HRT , is it normal to have a show on day 22?!
« on: May 03, 2020, 06:12:08 PM »

Hi, I am on estrodot patches 25mg and utrogeston 100...started them for 22 days ago and have felt better. (although life isn't normal at the moment so remains to be seen if lasts into normal life as it were!)  I have been told to take the tablets orally and was v tired at first but this is easing.
  However, I have had a show, day 22 ....is this normal?  Thank you

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to HRT , is it normal to have a show on day 22?!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 07:38:19 PM »

Hi - maybe put the product name into the search box to see what pops up?  Make notes ;-)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 08:58:01 PM »

Perhaps not normal but not unusual as it can take time to settle. Are you peri or meno? Do you know you can take utrogeston vaginally? I get tired on utro too. I use it on a cycle as late peri but in meno I will continue on a long cycle so I'm not permanently tired.

Emm225

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 09:17:13 AM »

Yes..I did try that but worried tablets wouldn't dissolve?!! Mine are shiny coated..will it still work?  So hard to get an appointment to discuss with doctor and she gave me very little guidance tbh, just whacked me on it so I didn't start it straight away, did a bit of research first then started it when I decided it was the best way forward for me.

Emm225

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 09:18:20 AM »

I did have a search on line but couldn't find much.  Will have another go...in between being chained to work laptop!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 11:39:48 AM »

You could ring your GP or a Pharmacist?  Does it say on the leaflet in the box?

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 01:18:06 PM »

They are the same and yes, they will dissolve. In Europe they're licensed to be used vaginally or oralky for hrt. In the UK for some reason the same Utrogestan tabs are only licensed for oral use for hrt except the 200mg ones which are licensed for ivf vaginally. There are many posts on the subject if you search for utrogeston.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 08:22:04 AM »

Hi Emm225 - as Sheila said. Here is the thread where I posted the actual info about vaginal use from the manufacturers: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45782.msg738193.html#msg738193

I will also bump the thread for you.

Hurdity x