Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Horrendous coccyx pain  (Read 5074 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Horrendous coccyx pain
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2020, 11:42:13 AM »

that was my thoughts as waiting lists are reportedly [yesterday's news] going to take 2 years to clear any backlogs. 

Did U sleep?

Penguin99

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2020, 02:41:02 PM »

Hi, My coccyx doesn't  keep me awake, my knee does because I can't get it comfortable.  Roll on Saturday,  I'm desperately hoping she can give me a stronger tablet. They did my xray as an emergency  because I'm in so much pain.  Just wish I could get a bit of relief for it.
Thanks

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2020, 03:33:59 PM »

R U able to manipulate the area whilst in a warm bath? massage the whole area from the small of the back downwards? 

Penguin99

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2020, 11:57:55 AM »

I tried massaging it, but it's so painful to touch. I said to doc I can feel a lump she felt it and said it was my bone ;D but it doesn't feel central, it feels more to the left, no idea if that's where its supposed to be.
Thanks

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2020, 12:46:54 PM »

Have a look at how the coccyx is formed, it's the tail bone until evolution dropped it.  ::).

I thought of you earlier when I pulled a muscle whilst removing a sheet from our bed  >:(

Penguin99

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2020, 03:35:50 PM »

I wish I could go back a few years, no problems at all, it was great. I dread it when we can go on holiday again as I have to fit all these ailments in on my insurance! It will be as dear as the holiday. Sometimes I feel ancient with all these aches & pains.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2020, 05:37:27 PM »

Chronic pain is tiring.

sheilasue

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2020, 09:17:52 PM »

Hi Penguin99
Have you thought of visiting a chiropractor? I have problems with pain in my tailbone and issues with my pelvis being misaligned. When a nerve gets trapped it can cause a burning sensation. Not saying that this is definitely your issue but it might be worth exploring. I have tight pelvic floor muscles which throw my pelvis out of alignment. I'm dying to see my chiropractor again, but I'm not sure how long it will be before it is possible.
Sheila

Shannonplussed

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2020, 10:29:02 PM »

I definitely had coccyx pain. It's one of the symptoms I monitor for whether my HRT is working well enough (also foot pain). My worst pain was when I would get up from sitting at break time at work; getting up after sitting on a hard chair. Oof. I didn't notice exactly when the pain disappeared, but I sure notice when it resurfaces.

Penguin99

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2020, 08:02:23 PM »

Hi, I've just started my physio but I can't do some of the exercises she has given me because of my knee! I did think about chiropractors but if it's inflammation will it help? My doctor is phoning me in the morning so I'm going to ask her for stronger tablets.  No chance of seeing a chiropractor at the moment.  It does wear you down when it's been going on for so long. Even when I lie in bed at night and my hubby cuddles up to me I'm always saying " watch my back". As soon as things are back to normal ( covid 19) my knee op will happen quite soon after  so really hoping I can get my coccyx pain under control before then xx

sheilasue

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2020, 08:50:17 PM »

If there is a trigger point causing the pain then I guess it could cause inflammation. I had treatment for a tight muscle in my neck which caused a horrible episode of trigeminal neuralgia. The nerve was inflamed. I was so relieved to get some relief after seeing the chiropractor. I hope you find something that works xx

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2020, 08:52:27 AM »

Was the nerve in the back of the neck sheilasue?  Nothing would ease my TMN - there is an operation if it's chronic but not many Surgeons perform it.  It would be so severe that I would hit the floor with the sudden pain, I am sure that people thought I was drunk  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2020, 08:54:07 AM »

One should not have manipulation if there is knee inflammation without diagnosis: any swelling needs to be examined and if necessary fluid drawn off to check for infection.  [had your breakfasts I hope  :D ]

Simple bending and stretching to build up the quadriceps muscle is important.  The thigh muscle is the 1st to weaken if one does't do much exercise. 

Penguin99

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2020, 12:16:09 PM »

Hi, my knee has a tear at the back so surgery being done to sort it (3rd time!) Long story. Doc is giving me some other tablets & amitriptyline  to help me sleep, they really don't want to give me sleeping tablets and I can understand this but when your lying awake at 3/4 in the morning,  it's no fun. I'm hoping these new tablets will help  :)

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2020, 04:07:49 PM »

Why not sleeping tablets, it's what they are designed for  :-\

What you been given in stead?
Pages: 1 [2] 3