Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: covid appointments  (Read 1834 times)

robotwars

covid appointments
« on: March 09, 2021, 06:18:35 AM »

Is anyone else having fun trying to book a covid vaccine appointment? I have spent the last few days on the NHS website. You book first appointment, do the second, get to the end and one of your appointments have gone!!!! its awful, im getting so stressed with the website!!! i got up at 6am today to try and its happened again!!!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: covid appointments
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 09:05:22 AM »

I think 1 has to register the 1st, then go back in to book the 2nd ?

Sparrow

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 09:52:13 AM »

Is anyone else having fun trying to book a covid vaccine appointment? I have spent the last few days on the NHS website. You book first appointment, do the second, get to the end and one of your appointments have gone!!!! its awful, im getting so stressed with the website!!! i got up at 6am today to try and its happened again!!!!

I had the same problem the first time.  I think the system is just so busy others nick your time slot, before you have time to complete.  Try late in the evening.

littleminnie

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 12:24:19 PM »

It’s even worse if you are trying to book the same time as your OH.  We wanted to go at the same time as we have to travel. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 12:26:48 PM »

That's why DH did both our appts on his computer.

C.C.

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 02:58:53 PM »

When I registered my dad for his shots,  the second appointment is automatically booked 21 days later.  I was surprised that the site didn't crash as it was the first day people for 80 and over.

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 06:51:18 AM »

Hi robot wars yes I had the same trouble last night but eventually got the appointments booked for myself and my husband .

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 03:55:25 PM »

Same issue here,you just keep having to go back and rebook the first one,took me ages,nearest pharmacy was 12 miles away then literally 5 minutes after I'd booked it,my dr surgery text to say I could book for a vaccine just down the road  >:( so back on and cancelled the original ones but at least I've not to go too far now

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 06:58:29 PM »

No problem booking mine and OH's, had two tabs open so got them at the same time, 17 miles away. Then doctors sent a text this morning so booked again, it's a week later but only a mile away. No problem cancelling the original either but you need the reference number. The worst thing with the mass vaccination sites is that they all seem to be in city areas which I would rather avoid.