Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Room spnning  (Read 3257 times)

Jeepers

Re: Room spnning
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2020, 06:44:03 PM »

Hi Jaypo

Yes, thank you, I took two earlier today and it seems to have really helped with the nausea.  Only thing is, I've had really bad guts this afternoon!  The leaflet does say 1 in 10 will get an upset stomach... Oh well, you can't have it all can you?

Jeepers xx

jaypo

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2020, 06:55:06 PM »

Aawww nooooo,poor you,there are exercises online for inner ear problems,meniers etc which my dr told me to try but I just couldn't,it involves lying on your back with your head hanging backwards,it's supposed to right the fluid in your ear and make it go round the right way round but I couldn't cope with the dizziness

Jeepers

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2020, 07:14:42 AM »

Maybe I should try them? I'll look online.  I'm torn now between taking another dose of the sturegon, and risking terrible gut effects (I'll not go into details!!),  or tough out the quesyness.  It reminds me of being pregnant!  Not in a good way though.

Thanks for all your help jaypo, I really do appreciate it

:thankyou:

Jeepers xx

jaypo

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2020, 11:41:46 AM »

Really hope you feel better soon jeepers,let us know xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2020, 11:55:30 AM »

Do you have ginger biscuits?  Or stem ginger to make into a tea? 

'Kwells?

Smokey

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2020, 11:53:35 AM »

Hi Ladies

I've not been on for quite a while as haven't had any hormonal issues until now!
I have MS and am on year 10, can't believe it really I only have minor symptoms, but I have had vertigo at the beginning of December now not sure if it's Ms related or as I had ear infection just beforehand. Doctor thinks it's from infection ms Nurse says could be either.
What I have learnt since is that I still have it slightly when lying down in bed and turn over to quickly, but nothing like I had originally no spinning etc. When I had the spinning I found if I slid over to edge of bed and put feet out first onto floor and then slowly sat up and just waited a few seconds until spinning stopped I could then walk around without any more although in a drunken manor!
The Brain gradually adjusts to the disturbance hense no further spinning. I also took meds but not the ones you described they totally resolved the problem I took them for a week then stopped and hoped and prayed it wouldn't come back. It didn't, my doctor also gave me exercises to do, I had to sit in middle of bed and slowly lie down sideways then sit up again after waiting for spinning to stop and then the same with the other side apparently if you repeat this three times each day for a week 8 out of 10 people find it rights the liquid in your ear canal and it goes for good. I've only managed three days so far as made me feel so nauseous I stopped. I should try again really!
But what if it is my ms ? I could go through all that nausea and spinning again for nothing.

Ann x
Pages: 1 2 [3]