Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: Hospitals are not allowing visitors (social distancing and masks)  (Read 29843 times)

ATB

Re: Hospitals are not allowing visitors (social distancing and masks)
« Reply #330 on: June 12, 2022, 08:13:13 AM »

It absolutely isn’t. It seems absurd given anywhere else we can all go along as normal now. People are at big and small venues maskless so a hospital not allowing parents in with children is absurd and cruel. I wouldn’t get my ultrasound without my husband in the room the other day and they had to allow it. There are areas where the NHS has behaved appallingly during covid, including making women give birth and have scans alone well after the government had made it clear they were to let partners in.

sheila99

« Reply #331 on: June 12, 2022, 09:37:15 AM »

Hospitals aren't like other places, they're full of ill people for whom the vaccine may not be effective and may die if they catch it. How would you feel if your sick mother in hospital for cancer treatment caught covid and died from a visitor who didn't have to be there? Would you blame the hospital for her death?

ATB

« Reply #332 on: June 12, 2022, 10:01:48 AM »

Covid is already in hospitals because that’s where patients sick with it go. It’s already there. I mean, don’t allow random people to visit cancer patients for sure. By that poor logic we can never allow any visitor in hospital again in case they have something that can kill a cancer patient. Hospitals should have adequate procedures so they don’t spread any life threatening illness, covid is but one and isn’t even the most dangerous.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #333 on: June 12, 2022, 11:55:39 AM »

When cleaning teams belonged to the Hospital, in the years B4 the service was opted out, cleaners were confined to 1 Ward, lessening the risk of spread.  Then some bright spark (not)  >:( decided that it would be cheaper to use agencies who moved from who knows where between cleaning in hospitals?

When I was a secretary there were rarely 'bugs' around due to the above.  MRSA and C.Diff were a huge problem once agencies were used  >:(.

I believe that since Matrons were removed, women who 1 wouldn't argue with  :o and who had charge of every Ward in a Hospital, standards over all have slipped, add to that, less Staff.  Until Covid came along, these situations were pushed under the carpet.

Usually Staff treating patients with cancer will make suggestions as to who can visit, i.e. no children as well as anyone else not connected.  My neighbour took her friend every day during her 5-6 months' of treatment, hygiene standards etc. were insisted upon.  That was prior to the 1st lockdown. 
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]