Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Hospitals are not allowing visitors (social distancing and masks)  (Read 29870 times)

Dorothy

Re: social distancing and masks
« Reply #285 on: September 17, 2020, 10:20:17 AM »

I think gps have said they won't be writing exemption notes (which they would pry charge for).  Exemption can be printed from the internet.  Bus companies put them on line to print off.

That's in England.  Wales is different.
Different in that we are supposed to have GP exemption letters in Wales to be granted an exemption.  But the same in that GPs aren't providing exemption letters.  So basically, if you live in Wales and can't wear a mask, you are now under more rigid restrictions than you were during lockdown! 

suzysunday

« Reply #286 on: September 17, 2020, 10:50:27 AM »

That's terrible.  What a mess everything is.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #287 on: September 17, 2020, 12:11:15 PM »

I would suggest when challenged that they phone my GP Surgery to find out what exemption is in place ;-).  Where does Patient Confidentiality and Data Protection come in all this, no one has a right to know my medical history  :-\

Two hoots

« Reply #288 on: September 17, 2020, 01:35:14 PM »

Made a mistake if wearing dangly earrings this morning, they dont work with my mask Im afraid of a tangle  ???

CLKD

« Reply #289 on: September 17, 2020, 03:27:43 PM »

I couldn't find my ears earlier  :-\ ......... then my glasses misted up  >:(

Jane50

« Reply #290 on: September 17, 2020, 06:38:40 PM »

Glasses misting up with mask on is major problem for me too!! Wish there was something you could wipe on them to stop them misting. When I did scuba diving we used to spit in our diving masks to stop them misting up... not sure that would work here though  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #291 on: September 17, 2020, 07:22:27 PM »

YUK - my glasses mist due to the mask not fitting correctly  ::) but I'm not huffing over anyone as I don't get close to others.

CLKD

« Reply #292 on: September 19, 2020, 03:03:18 PM »

So Boris is touring the country and not using a mask very often - anyone know why he is allowed out and about but others can't meet !?!

suzysunday

« Reply #293 on: September 19, 2020, 05:22:20 PM »

Great point clkd!

CLKD

« Reply #294 on: September 19, 2020, 07:48:57 PM »

He should stay in London  >:(.  He's had his break at Chequers with the new baby !!  Get back to sorting the country, not sidling up to people ........

Dorothy

« Reply #295 on: September 20, 2020, 12:41:06 PM »

I would suggest when challenged that they phone my GP Surgery to find out what exemption is in place ;-).  Where does Patient Confidentiality and Data Protection come in all this, no one has a right to know my medical history  :-\
I disagree. In the current situation I think we should have to prove if we're exempt and why by carrying documentation. Privacy is neither here nor there.
I can see your point, but my concern is what is done to protect that information.  Have shop workers been trained in GDPR etc?  If you have to show a prescription for a form of medication which makes it clear what condition you have (or, even worse, a letter from your GP saying that you are exempt from wearing a mask due to past sexual abuse), how do you know that this information isn't going to be shared around?

I find it quite scary how many vigilantes are out there, policing mask wearing.  Someone was on our local community page yesterday, boasting how he'd 'challenged' two women in Tesco for not wearing masks and reduced them to tears.  His justification was that 'if you're too sick to wear a mask, you shouldn't leave home at all'.  Which is fine for some - my husband is able to do our shopping - but others don't have the luxury of someone else to run errands for them.  And some people have already been shielding at home for 6 months - if they're expected to continue doing so much longer, there's a real risk they will be so institutionalized that they will never be able to rejoin normal society.  And I find the lack of concern over that even more worrying - we seem to be turning into the kind of society that Hitler was trying to create - segregation of those who 'don't fit in' is the first step towards eliminating them.   

Sparrow

« Reply #296 on: September 20, 2020, 12:45:14 PM »

I wish we had a 'Like Button', Dorothy.  :great:

suzysunday

« Reply #297 on: September 20, 2020, 02:20:43 PM »

Dorothy, I agree with you 100 percent.

CLKD

« Reply #298 on: September 20, 2020, 02:44:47 PM »

That's a good response Dorothy  :thankyou:  I hope that the 2 women asked for CCTV to B shown to the Store Manager, but were probably too shocked.  I hope 2 that the web manager will take the post down?

It's 1 to be aware of, we all need to respond when challenged "Call the Police then and I'll see you in Court!"

Taz2

« Reply #299 on: September 20, 2020, 03:12:00 PM »

I think the only way forward re masks is that anyone exempt from wearing one must be issued with some sort of card/badge etc. Sadly there are many people who refuse to wear a mask purely because they don't like being told what to do. If you are unablel to wear a mask due to a medical condition then it is totally unfair that you are put at risk by others who just choose to flout the rules.

Taz x
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23