Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What the world will look like after coronavirus.  (Read 3614 times)

Two hoots

Re: What the world will look like after coronavirus.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2020, 06:48:59 PM »

Extreme and angry views or free speech, which ever side you are in we all need to pull together in this worldwide event.

Focus

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2020, 07:24:09 PM »

Let's not forget that there always groups of people doing despicable things all over the world and from many different races, Singling out one group or race, and indeed mentioning the migrant crisis (discussion of which has been banned on this forum due to the extreme views elicited) means that all members of that group or race are slurred by implication. Better to deplore the actions. We have seen all sort of people - who knows here they come from - buying up stuff that people need and selling it at a profit, and that is disgusting.

Great to discuss hope for a better world and what it might look like - but in such terms?  I think you are right to leave....

Hopefully the world will be a better place, after the virus.

Less materialistic, less selfish and less hateful.

Absolutely.

Hurdity x

Totally agree Hurdity!

Was in a taxi home today, lugging as much stuff as I could back with me to work at home, and the taxi driver complained about having had a hellish day with foreigners who didn't speak English.

I told him I was foreign.  He said he would never have guessed from my accent. He turned round to have a good look at me.

Then he started about 'coloured people'.

So I said to him 'I'm going to stop you right there. I don't want to listen to this'.  I put my hand up to stop him.

I told him people out there were frightened and stressed and weren't coping, so they were reacting badly to things. And that there are ignorant people, arseholes and con men the world over. Race and colour doesn't come into any of that. 

We ended up chatting the rest of the journey, and at the end he said that he felt so much calmer and that was the best conversation he'd had all day. He said when he met me he'd felt really wired and stressed and now that was all gone.

I'd done a really nice meditation this morning and had a shed load of beta blockers and diazepam in my bag that I was going home to take...so I was all about spreading the good vibes.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 08:23:37 PM »

With all the stress you have yourself you deserve the Forum :medal: of the day  :tulips2:

When Mum gets upset and shouty I quietly ask her "what is the real problem here?" and she usually descends into tears then can tell what the aggravation is.  It's about approach.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2020, 09:34:21 AM »

I just hope that we realise we are global community and we are all in this together.  More kindness, tolerance and sharing. 

Sparrow

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2020, 09:36:28 AM »

I just hope that we realise we are global community and we are all in this together.  More kindness, tolerance and sharing.

Amen to that.

Focus

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2020, 10:42:11 AM »

With all the stress you have yourself you deserve the Forum :medal: of the day  :tulips2:

When Mum gets upset and shouty I quietly ask her "what is the real problem here?" and she usually descends into tears then can tell what the aggravation is.  It's about approach.

Thank you CLKD  ;D

I usually let people go on and just drift off from the conversation in situations like that.

But I've been struggling so much lately, with anxiety, and I've realised the importance of protecting my boundaries to keep that kind of negative stuff out and to try and help calm me down.

One of the people I worked with in Arizona in January FB messaged me to say they were all thinking about me. I thought about how nice that made me feel, so I passed that on and FB messaged a few people who seemed like they were struggling and people I work freelance with, so say I was thinking about them all.

That's the kind of world I want to help make. One where people reach out to each other and do things with a feeling of peace and calm.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2020, 01:12:24 PM »

It's the pebble in a puddle effect Focus - well done  :peace:

Tc

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 11:29:35 AM »

Focus. What a lovely post. Thank you.

I have had messages from 3 different friends asking if I need anything. 2 of them I dont see very often. But things like that make you feel less alone and scared. Xxxx
Pages: 1 [2]