Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What the world will look like after coronavirus.  (Read 3617 times)

yellowflower

What the world will look like after coronavirus.
« on: March 23, 2020, 11:07:59 PM »

Some of what I say may be unpopular, but in the aftermath of this current disaster, I hope to see a few things happen. The first is a serious discussion of population control. For all the banging on about climate change, the most important factor in this must come down to population. Why people are having multiple children in this era is astonishing to me.

I also hope that this crisis brings some clarity to the issue of why strong border control needs to exist. The EU allows free movement between EU countries. This is complete lunacy. At least in Australia, we had fairly strong border controls thanks to being an island. Turning back refugee boats, most of whom were economic refugees stopped a virtual tsunami of boats.

We also need to be able to call out certain behaviours without being called Racist. The behaviour of the Chinese daigous who stripped our shelves of masks, baby formula, toilet paper, hand sanitiser, etc.. should never be allowed to happen again.

rolercoasterhell

Re: What the world will look like after coronavirus.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 12:11:18 AM »

I don't even know where to begin with this comment. So, I will just finish with...what a racist, egotistical, narrow-minded women you must be. Scott Morrison must be so proud.

yellowflower

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 12:41:48 AM »

I don't even know where to begin with this comment. So, I will just finish with...what a racist, egotistical, narrow-minded women you must be. Scott Morrison must be so proud.

Brother and nephew work in the emergency departments of public hospitals. Spare me your insults. None of my family have the luxury of being able to self isolate as we are all emergency services workers. So I don't really care what you think as we are at the coal face. Population, immigration and the chinese communist government who hid this problem for 2 months are the direct cause of this issue we are facing. Perhaps you need to look at yourself and try to understand why you are so afraid to admit the truth.

yellowflower

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 12:56:09 AM »

Let me just add this. I have to go to work whether I want to or not (I don't). My brothers and nephew must go to work in the most dangerous place possible while most of you are in lockdown. Hubby is also emergency services and must work. We aren't in lockdown yet in Australia, but it can't come fast enough for me. Anyone who wants to accuse me of narrow minded racism when I have no chance of protecting myself from the virus can go jump. All of us have been told that we cannot take leave for the foreseeable future. So "rollercoasterhell", when you are safely in your home firing potshots at those of us who have no choice but to work, have a think about your attitude. It's time for some honesty in this situation.

Sparrow

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 07:15:58 AM »

Hopefully the world will be a better place, after the virus.

Less materialistic, less selfish and less hateful.

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 08:28:32 AM »

I hope you're right Shadyglade, and that it will make some people grow up a bit quicker.

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 08:52:42 AM »

Wow,angry lady

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 09:08:09 AM »

Trouble with the written words is that there is no flexibility.

The World will learn until the next crisis arrives.  My parents were racist and my comment was always "If you were blind you wouldn't know the colour of the skin".  I often got a clip round the ear  >:(.

Same with current stock piling - nationality isn't always obvious.  Why should this virus bring any better habits than after F&M in 2001?  I think much of the problem lies in the WWW and social media - people don't have to be accountable for what they think or say, many wouldn't dream of letting out of their mouths face to face that they let go onto paper.

May I mention the pebble in a puddle idea - drop it gently so kindness spreads slowly

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 10:59:33 AM »

Yellowflower is absolutely right about population control. We know we're around the limit the world can support so it's better tackled now rather than when the problem is much bigger. It's the one thing that would do most to prevent climate change yet we're are not allowed to say it. IMO having more than 2 children should becone as socially unacceptable as drink driving.
How quickly we've forgotten about our own society. For years and years anyone who questioned mass immigration was automatically labelled a racist so it became a taboo subject. It's only recently been accepted that is about numbers not race. The Rochdale grooming ring flourished for years because the police were too frightened of being called racist to tackle it (and I assume we're still not allowed to call the Asian men racist because they targeted white women).
 We've already lost control of our borders in the UK, Australia hasn't yet and I'm not surprised some Australians want to keep it that way.

Rolercoasterhell -  you don't know the stuation. We are allowed different opinions and if you don't agree you can make a rational argument to support your own opinion. Attacking the person never acceptable.

Barnacle

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 11:02:48 AM »

Yep!

Tc

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 11:14:35 AM »

A few xmas ago a pub near me served contaminated meat. Everyone who ate it got ill and a woman died. The chef and owner were jailed.  I know laws are different in other countries but  given how we were told this virus started there has to be accountability I feel. For me it's not about a nation of people it's about those responsible for practicing or allowing unsafe practices and potentially covering it up until it was too late.

I'm not sure how much peoples attitudes will change.  Humans seem to have short memories. But I wonder if some practical things will change.  In UK for example. Companies who have never had a set up to work from home have now got that in place and might decide it's a better option for those who's business allow for it. 

Yellow flower. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to thank those like yourself and your family who are at the coal face of this with no choice but to put yourselves at risk.  We all rely on that xx

Perinowpost

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 11:34:42 AM »

Yes Yellowflower we appreciate those like yourself still going out to work. I'm one of them, although I'm isolated in my office and have ppe gear.

I think things definitely need to change, and I hope we learn from this and nations like China are forced to make changes too x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2020, 12:33:58 PM »

Who is going to force any country, particularly as large as China and Russia to tow the party line?

Unless sanctions are put idiot place

Drop that pebble into the puddle ...........

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 02:08:23 PM »

Heavens above! I agree rolercoasterhell - where does one begin?

Yellowflower wherever you live and whatever you do, this forum is no place for extreme and angry views especially at a time like this.

Let's not forget that there always groups of people doing despicable things all over the world and from many different races, Singling out one group or race, and indeed mentioning the migrant crisis (discussion of which has been banned on this forum due to the extreme views elicited) means that all members of that group or race are slurred by implication. Better to deplore the actions. We have seen all sort of people - who knows here they come from - buying up stuff that people need and selling it at a profit, and that is disgusting.

Great to discuss hope for a better world and what it might look like - but in such terms?  I think you are right to leave....

Absolutely.

Hurdity x

Countrygirl

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2020, 06:11:15 PM »

I hope so too x
Pages: [1] 2