Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The dreads and doom  (Read 4835 times)

Shell babes

Re: The dreads and doom
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2020, 09:21:53 AM »

Update - I took a Zopiclone last night, was so worried that thought I might even stay awake, wrong - I slept all night and woke at 7am, I even dozed off a bit after this time which I have never done for ages. I think I have developed a fear of not sleeping due to dragging myself through days after not having slept night after night which I know most of us can relate to. Usually, it's an effort to get to sleep and takes a while, then I wake in the night and panic that I can't go back to sleep, almost convince myself that I can't. Crazy when you think out it. I?ll have to try and work on that.  Not sure about tonight, whether I need to take another tablet or go it alone.  I will read my ?Effortless Sleeper? book by Sasha Stephens as she talks a lot about fear preventing you from sleeping and what can be done about it. At least I don't have the hangover that the BB's gave me so feel more human and can think clearly today. I might do a relaxation CD later and some deep breathing etc.  thanks for reading as always CLKD.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2020, 09:29:26 AM »

Not crazy.  It's how the brain works.  Give it a topic and it will run with it  >:(

I didn't sleep well for years, one night I thought "Well it hasn't killed me yet and I still function in the day" - slept well after that.  Sounds simplistic. It was.  But it helped.

I had a broken night, bathroom visit in the early hours, still awake at 2.30, 3.30. 4.30 ........ woke at 9.20  ::)

Shell babes

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2020, 09:35:14 AM »

CLKD - you are right, the brain is powerful. I will try to adopt your line of thought, almost taking the pressure off performing in the night.  See what you mean about a broken night for you.  I'm sure tonight will be better but the difference clearly is that you won't stress so I shall have to change.

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2020, 09:36:39 AM »

I'm going to start another thread ;-)

Shell babes

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2020, 09:41:58 AM »

About sleep?

CLKD