Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: Lockdown ends [What to do during the crisis]  (Read 21844 times)

Pennyfarthing

Re: What to do during the crisis
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2020, 08:27:32 PM »

i was watching the local news tonight and they had an ?expert? advising parents how to keep kids amused now schools are closed.   God knows how I got through bringing up my kids without having an expert tell me how to occupy them!  ;D ;D

We had a big dressing up box, we had a 'treasure box? full of bits of fabric, toilet roll middles, cardboard, coloured paper, pipe cleaners, silver paper, paper plates etc.   I can honestly say we were never bored, never.  We all discussed this over tea tonight and both my adult kids were here and they remembered making stuff and going out to feed the ducks and collecting acorns, bird feathers etc. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2020, 08:35:25 PM »

I HATE the word 'expert' - suddenly we have them about this new virus  >:(

Mum was a teacher.  Dad refused to have a TV whilst we were growing up but there was 'listen with Mother' at 1.45 B4 Womens Hour.

We had a gate leg table which was often used as a tent/wigwam/cave - a large blanket was put over to hide us up.  We had hours of fun under it either inside or on the lawn.  Card games.  Piano practice  :o.  Sand pit in the garden.  Small patch of garden as well as mustard and cress on a flannel [no kitchen roll then]; or a hyacinth or broad bean in clear glass so that we could watch the roots growing. 

Scooters.  Cycles.  A tin bath on very hot days with warmed water tipped in.  Chasing butterflies.

Magic painting books?  messy though.  Flour dough to make shapes?  Messy.  If it was raining we often had as many as 5/6 kids in Mum's house playing.  Plastacine.  Fuzzy felts.

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2020, 08:38:51 PM »

Our local pub is delivering Mothers' Day Tea to those houses that had booked in their Cafe instead of people congregating ;-) hopefully it won't rain on Sunday!

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2020, 08:42:33 PM »

take the phone away and train them to interact ?  Your house, your Rules  ;D. What age group?

jaypo

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2020, 08:43:38 PM »

You need an EXPERT Stella  ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2020, 08:46:22 PM »

that won't be me then  ;D ..........

jaypo

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2020, 08:56:05 PM »

We?re the same when my stepson comes here,let him do what he wants as he doesn't get to do it at home,it's only a couple of days but he plays on his Xbox and watches films

Barnacle

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2020, 11:14:11 PM »

The  best thing i ever bought for my two was a double swing set. DD was 2 and DS 1 at the time, and 12 years on it is still used. They go up there and have their little chats (moaning about me probably), and even i have the odd swing on it when nobody looking. Apart from that, it was always a huge cardboard box that they had the most fun with. Simple things..... 

Ju Ju

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2020, 11:51:26 PM »

::) ........  but we know that masks don't work  :-\. that it is surfaces that need constant hot, soapy water.  How's the mouth now, did he find anything treatable?

Sorry Ju Ju - I forgot 2 ask  :-\

He gave the mask to me so that people would keep away from me!

He thought the pain was caused by trauma, not that I was aware of causing that. We?re going to see if it settles down. I wouldn't have gone so soon, but was worried about leaving it and not being able to get treatment. I'm reassured and if it doesn't settle I can go back as they will provide a service for emergencies, even if they have to shut.

jaypo

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2020, 07:45:53 AM »

Haha barnacle,yes,boxes,I'd buy my daughter something REALLY special for Xmas and birthdays when she was little,out would come the actual gift which would be left in favour of playing with the box  ;D I hope children won't lose their great imagination,it's sad really

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2020, 09:08:08 AM »

Do you grind your teeth Ju Ju!

A set of saucepans keep young 'uuuns busy ;-)

Today I have to wipe down windowsills and water cactii ......... lots of both

Two hoots

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2020, 12:07:20 PM »

Ive got so many unused beauty products I'm going to start using them, when I emerge in a few weeks this little caterpillar will be a beautiful butterfly, well that's what the packaging says  ;D

I've got a paper face pack, I haven't used one before, I'll start with that I think  :)

Countrygirl

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2020, 12:38:35 PM »

Me I'm contemplating using a fake tan I bought last year, because if it goes wrong no one will ever know even if I have to go out due to social distancing 😏 x
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 06:42:26 AM by Countrygirl »

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2020, 12:40:34 PM »

I think a burka would be really useful in these troubled times  ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2020, 01:03:48 PM »

Do you grind your teeth Ju Ju!

A set of saucepans keep young 'uuuns busy ;-)

Today I have to wipe down windowsills and water cactii ......... lots of both

Apparently yes, but I have a mouth guard for that and for a clicky jaw.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21