Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Transdermal HRT and exercise.  (Read 1294 times)

Sooze

Transdermal HRT and exercise.
« on: March 08, 2020, 12:43:39 PM »

Has anyone found that they have needed to change their transdermal HRT dosage with increased exercise?

Background, I settled on Sandrena 1mg, Utrogestan 100mg vaginally alternate nights and Tostran, petit pois blob daily since March last year, and everything has been pretty much tickety boo since then. 

Exercising 3 times/week (not to excessively), not gaining/losing weight up until last Oct, when I injured my knee and had to stop the exercise.  Had physio for the knee and kept with just the physio exercises for 2 months.  Advised I could restart my exercise, which I gently reintroduced and by the end of Jan knee was 99% resolved, and due to a break in work I can exercise almost daily and am able to push it more than previously.  Within 2 weeks of starting the new regime I found I was getting a bit of boob ache, sort of on the sides by the inside of my upper arms, and my bras didn't feel as comfy as they usually are.  Purchase of some new (larger) bras helped a bit but it sort of felt like I was a bit over on my oestrogen, but I hadn't changed the dose.

So, what I've noticed is with the exercise the 'wobbly' thighs are defiantly firming up (not lost weight though) and I'm wondering if I'm absorbing the gel more, as that's where I apply it?  The other option could be that I'm not absorbing the Utrogestan as well, and am a bit out of balance?  But the testosterone is working very well, so I don't think I need to change that!

So, my thoughts are to do a couple of extra doses of Utrogestan per week, and reduce the Sandrena to ? of a dose & see how that goes - does that sound like a sensible plan of action and has anyone else found they needed to change/reduce oestrogen with increased activity?
TIA,
S