Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dairy Milk and Breast Cancer  (Read 2385 times)

Sparrow

Re: Dairy Milk and Breast Cancer
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2020, 01:55:13 PM »

Humans started drinking cows milk 10,000 years ago.  As a consequence, in the northern hemisphere, human digestion has evolved to produce lactase enabling 90% of people to consume dairy products safely.

Evolution is a wonderful thing.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2020, 02:17:54 PM »

Even a cornovirus ?

Sparrow

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2020, 02:29:05 PM »

Not nice, but unfortunately all part of the natural world.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2020, 02:59:34 PM »

Yep.   Evolution ...........

Kathleen

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2020, 04:21:17 PM »

Hello again ladies.

I gave up drinking milk ten years ago when I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. I've never been tested for lactose intolerance but the proteins in milk can cause a lot of gut problems for some people so I stopped drinking it. I gave up eating dairy yoghurts and cheese shortly after that. Interestingly its suggested that cheese is addictive due to the concentrated amounts of caso morphine.

Take care everyone.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2020, 04:25:11 PM »

I like foods then suddenly go off them  ::).  It'll be cheese for lunch for weeks then I can't face it  :-\.  This week it's been pate.  A little of what I fancy works in general ........ I have found that Dairy Milk makes my system sluggish  ::)

sheila99

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2020, 06:12:21 PM »

Umm... I hate to be the voice of reality but cows have always got pregnant while still feeding their calves. People too. And if there's mess and stink teaching calves to drink from a bucket perhaps you aren't doing it right? I remember well the skinned fingers from tongues like sandpaper teaching them to drink from a bucket. Most people use buckets with teats now, it's much easier (we use the sheds for early lambing so don't buy in calves anymore).
  Never heard of cheese being addictive and certainly haven't noticed it myself.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2020, 07:12:46 PM »

;D. I was 4 years old, in the 1950s   ..........   and got milk everywhere 'cos the calves shook their heads.  The bull was always a Hereford and always called Thomas.  I was found at the age of 3, reading to one of them ....... I had crawled into the pen and was sitting, apparently leaning against his legs reading away.  I remember my Uncle saying "How do we get her out of there and for goodness sake, don't tell her Mother"  ;D

sheila99

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2020, 07:47:05 PM »

Lucky it was in the days when cows were tied up and they selected for temperament. Yes, I can imagine a 4 year old, a calf and a bucket of milk being... er... interesting!

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2020, 07:49:51 PM »

;D. no 'photos in those days  ::).  The cows had already returned to the fields so there was a lot of noise  :'(.  Calves were in a deeply littered shed ........ I can't remember the outcome  ::).  I do remember the smell of warm straw and the stink of milk  :-X
Pages: 1 [2]