Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi think I?m in denial!  (Read 3006 times)

Jari

Re: Hi think I?m in denial!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2020, 07:43:49 AM »

Not scaremongering Dotty. It is a shame you have to use that language. I just give my experience. If you want to push hrt that is your choice, I just want to get across my experience as it is a fact, hrt can come with a range of side effects for many and in hindsight, if I had known my menopause symptoms were passing over a year, then I would not have started on hrt then. Diet/ lifestyle changes would be advice first, before contemplating hrt.
I respect your choice to be on hrt, please respect mine not to!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 08:01:29 AM by Jari »

Jari

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 07:58:57 AM »

Hurdity... balancing hormones is keeping our hormones in balance. 😂

For example essential fats and stress levels have big roles to play in keeping our own hormone levels in balance.

If you are interested you can google and read plenty about it.

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2020, 08:58:11 AM »

Jari - we need to have a good diet to keep everything "in balance" ie to ensure we are not deficient in any nutrients - vitamins and minerals. If you are talking about eg following a phytooestrogen diet as a "natural" way of treating menopausal symptoms then that is a different issue. Anyway don't want to move off topic from Fiona's post.... ::)

Hurdity x

Jari

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2020, 09:23:29 AM »

That's right, keeping everything in balance is key and it's worked for me, no matter how much you want to eye roll! I hope it may help others that might want to give it a go first... 👍

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2020, 09:49:50 AM »

Dotty - all experiences are valued.  There maybe 1 person in the World that has a good result with a product that isn't commonly used or licensed ........ this Forum should be about sharing experiences so that Members can see if that advice is appropriate at this moment.  If not, shelf it for later. 

What we require are GPs that are knowledgeable about all forms of HRT, have information about vaginal atrophy ........ but the message still ain't getting through to them!  GPs that don't put the cancer 'risks' out there as a reason not to prescribe or to take women off HRT even when it's working. 

Fiona77

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2020, 07:37:26 PM »

Hi again everyone, thanks so much for all your comments.

Been a few weeks on the treatment 0.5 Estradiol gel and I don't think anything as changed really?  I'm not sure 🤔, maybe a tiny bit, but then could be imagining it? 

If you?re on HRT how long did it take before you felt any different or improvement?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2020, 08:14:55 PM »

Can be months.  It may depend on how long the body has been depleted.  It takes a while to 'replace' the missing levels of hormones that have dipped.  Uptake may take a while.

Fiona77

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2020, 06:33:41 PM »

Thanks CLKD
Pages: 1 [2]