Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feeling suicidal and scared I have wrong HRT  (Read 2146 times)

CrispyChick

Re: Feeling suicidal and scared I have wrong HRT
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 08:21:53 PM »

Hi

I just wondered if you had considered the combined pill rather than hrt??? I'm on month 3 and, although not feeling amszing, my hormones are much more controlled. I'm same age. X

Dotty

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2020, 08:33:27 PM »

Hi Novofem is for peri menopause x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2020, 12:37:08 PM »

Hi.  As I eat my lunch I remember well how for years I stuck to 'safe' foods: those that I knew wouldn't make me feel nauseous which would trigger the phobia = stopping eating.   :-\

Although my diet was more varied, in reality it was probably less than healthy ............

How R U this morning Lisa_W

ElkWarning

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2020, 02:19:38 PM »

I've just read this. You're very brave to be coping with so much.

Re: the mental health thing, it is all just part of your overall health and maybe, after god knows how long of trying to fight your way through things, it might give you some much needed support.

What's going on for you sounds horrendous. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this.

Sammiejane

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2020, 10:54:56 PM »

crispy chick

which combined pill are u on ?

what is your age if u don't mind me asking i?m only 40 x

Feather

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2020, 02:23:50 PM »

Hi Lisa, I just read your post and although I can't offer any solutions I just wanted to  add my sympathy and support and to say keep posting! Sharing the problem might not quite half it but it's got to be better than going alone! I've not long joined this forum but I feel less anxious already

Ladybt28

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2020, 04:31:26 PM »

Hi Lisa_w - just wanted to reply and say no wonder you are feeling desperate, anyone would with that lot to deal with and quite frankly your doctors need shot!!  Honestly, they sound worse than a chocolate teapot!  As the ladies say firstly you need to get yourself a half decent GP and get a referral to gastroenterology at the hospital but if you want to go private look up on one of the PatientChoice sites, or just generally put in Private Gastroenterologist and the area where you live.  That will throw up a list of people closest to you who operate out of the private hospitals closest to you.  That's not to say that they are not the same people operating out of your local NHS hospital.  You might want to avoid them privately if you have already seen them under the NHS and they have been less than helpful!  >:(

I have never had stomach issues or bowel issues etc so I can't talk with any experience about your issues  but when I got to peri, I suffered terribly with acid reflux and a weird feeling right under my ribs in the middle like a nagging pain in the top of my stomach.  It is as CKLD says, all the muscles everywhere go lax in peri which can cause it and if you already have problems then it's gonna be worse.  I know that you can get botox treatment for these muscle problems just like men can get them in their testes for urinary frequency.  My eldest son developed pyloric stenosis at 4 weeks old which required an operation in the muscle at the top of the stomach.  How your doctors can say such problems with these muscles don't exist I have no idea, maybe they are just lazy  >:(

I know its hard to battle for help when you feel so awful but you can't carry on like this Lisa_w and whats so annoying is there is plenty of help out there if you can only find a so called "health professional" who can string a sentence together by the looks of it!  You should make a complaint really, why should they be allowed to get away with it.  Like you it makes me mad we have to expend so much when really all you should need to do is ask a question and get a reasonable answer.

My heart goes out to you Lisa , but keep posting, suffering in silence never did anyone any good and a trouble shared is a trouble halved.  That's what this forum is all about sharing and not feeling alone any more xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2020, 04:47:36 PM »

Come in Lisa ........... let us know how you are.
Pages: 1 [2]