Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194099 times)

Sparrow

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1755 on: May 02, 2020, 05:33:05 PM »

There's an online tool now where you can put in your postcode to find out how many deaths in your immediate area.

In mine its 6.

Low considering there are two large care homes within a mile.

Can you post the link?

Sparrow

« Reply #1756 on: May 02, 2020, 06:15:50 PM »

Found it.

Office of national statistics.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1757 on: May 02, 2020, 06:42:44 PM »

We don't mix regularly.  We have usual shops, garden centres, antique centres: otherwise.  The people I care about I rarely see as they are busy across the World.  So going out ......... I will continue to wipe down car doors/steering wheel etc., the letter box, Council bins .........

Fortunately we live in a village where we can avoid people but continue waving across the road/garden fence.  However, if we had been in a flat I would have jumped out by now  :-\ or gone regularly 2 the parks, regardless of what the Police think.  Pity that they don't concentrate on those speeding through our village  :bang: :bang: :bang:

This stay at home was to ease pressure on an NHS that simply was not prepared, despite the governments of Europe knowing that this next Virus may well be a pandemic.  Because 'they' don't listen to what the NHS actually requires on a daily basis etc..  This Virus has taken over the Worlds' population fast and significantly within a matter of months, unlike seasonal 'flu where deaths occur regularly but not all on the same day/night.  Which is why seasonal 'flu data isn't issued until the Autumn of that particular year. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 03:01:44 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #1758 on: May 02, 2020, 07:26:38 PM »

More people are being allowed at grave sides now so you may get a big surprise Teresa ;-).  It's mixing afterwards that is not encouraged right now. 

I worry about 'what if' and have had my DH dead and buried many times  ;D - he only had to be late when travelling home by about 5 mins. and I would go into melt down  :-\::)

Taz2

« Reply #1759 on: May 02, 2020, 08:02:27 PM »

I'm worried for my family but also for myself too. We have 33 deaths in our nearest town 5 miles away and 2 in our large village. It's difficult to know how we will begin to have a more normal life knowing the virus will still be around with no vaccine available for quite some time. My sons are quite despondent about it all and, though grateful that they are able to work from their homes, are all really missing people.

Taz x

Sparrow

« Reply #1760 on: May 02, 2020, 08:06:22 PM »

Teresa, you have not upset me.  I think you are doing amazingly well, what with your health problems and the virus.  It's all a question of degree really.  I think we were more at risk at the beginning of lock down, and just before, than we are now.  Each day the infection rate reduces so hopefully your fears will too.

Ju Ju

« Reply #1761 on: May 02, 2020, 09:19:07 PM »

Teresa, you are being perfectly normal! I am fearful too, because my medical history. I've only been advised to shield by the GP, rather than the government, so I'm not eligible for any support. But right from the beginning, I went into the mindset of just getting on with it for the foreseeable future. My daughter and grandson did visit yesterday for the first time, us inside and them in the garden.....grandson had his PE lesson in the garden! I'm lucky to have support and a garden. It would be much harder on my own and in a flat.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #1762 on: May 03, 2020, 06:29:44 AM »

I am very worried and scared about the end of the lockdown.

we will obviously have to reopen our childminding setting but with very different rules, which we are working on now, maybe reducing numbers.  otherwise both me and my husband will hide away in our home  hoping to avoid it.  I am not sure my husband would survive it, he is very overweight, which is a risk factor.

we are lucky, we live in a small village next to a slightly larger village.  we have open fields in front of out house and our closest shop is over a mile away, mostly in a road without a pavement. we have walks nearby and a large garden, so we can be self contained.  We will continue to get food delivered, as we always have done.

my husband is from Spain, and I worry about how hard it will be for him to visit his 89 year old Mum, we are regular flyers but don't relish the thought of airports and planes right now.

The proposed ?unlocking the lockdown? is what is currently keeping me awake at the moment.

Ju Ju

« Reply #1763 on: May 03, 2020, 07:15:38 AM »

I had to have a conversation with my very elderly parents. They were looking forward to seeing me soon. I had to explain that they will have continue to be as isolated for a long time and what shielding means for me. Relaxing the lockdown will not make it safer for us. It did occur to me that I might never see them physically again. However we are probably talking much more than ever before, with daily phone calls. Although they have an iPad, they are hopeless with it! Particularly, mum. it's like being seasick trying to talk on FaceTime! Phoning works better with them. Frequent phone calls has meant that mum no longer bends my ear with all her ills and other peoples ills and deaths for some reason, so I will continue whatever as it's less stressful and less hard work. Dad, a man of few words, is quite chatty. He?ll be 95 on Thursday!

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1764 on: May 03, 2020, 10:35:20 AM »

Totally understand Theresa.
After my OH being so ill with it, I'm paranoid.
Listening to the news everyday, made me so depressed, it's not like I was being ignorant, it was more my own mental health why I decided to turn it off and not listen anymore.
We can only do what we?re supposed to do, and try to stay as safe as we can.
I'm scared to go out even after all this Is over. I'm sure I won't be the only one. xx

CLKD

« Reply #1765 on: May 03, 2020, 03:08:32 PM »

Yep.   Lots of possibilities muted in the Press in the last few days seem to be leaning towards what is 'right' for the economy: i.e. suddenly allowing people to go onto trains/tube in larger numbers. How will that work if we are being told to stay at home and maintain a distance from each other  :-\.  'they' simply don't listen to the Man in the Street who has to get on with Life, or remember what was said yesterday  >:(

Dis-illushioned - moi  :'(

Why do 'they' keep putting targets into place?  This isn't a competition.  This is about peoples' lives, work, holiday plans: tourist industry is on it's knees World Wide; Zoo collections are in difficulty, farms like Jimmy's and Adam's although working, also in difficulty due to no visitors.  Why do 'they' seem to think that we need to know how vital it is to get PPE delivered within so many days, how many tests have to be done in so many days ........ it is what it is.  Some that qualify for testing are in lockdown for various reasons.  Either due to working in lock down care homes or due to family members being poorly.

Now it is said that the number of care home deaths outdoes those from Hospitals.  Like it's a matter of pride ..........  :-X  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #1766 on: May 03, 2020, 03:33:14 PM »

I think it's time for lockdown to be considered on a village x village basis regardless of the state of health of the inhabitants.  One who lives in a hamlet of 5 houses against cities ?  Once members of staff began to die I wondered if the 'stay at home message' was in fact, a red herring.

If my mental health demands that I have two walks a day, two I will take!  I met 3 people this morning plus 3 dogs in different places along my route who all wanted fuss that I wasn't able to give  >:(  ::).  The dogs wanted a stroke too ............

Apparently Tesco has relaxed it's distancing 'rules'  :-\ so I won't be going there.  Waitrose thus far haven't but B&Q are allowed to open - how can that be an essential journey  :-\.  We've needed a new shower unit for months, but don't consider that it is an essential shopping trip.

CLKD

« Reply #1767 on: May 03, 2020, 04:36:16 PM »

Also how many people that smoke and drink regularly have been treated for C-19 ....... will we get to know eventually?  Those that are between 15-69?

I'm healthy.  I'm going to be 65 for a long while  ;D

Joaniepat

« Reply #1768 on: May 03, 2020, 04:37:44 PM »

I'm gonna lie about my age if there's any nonsense about fit over 70s not being allowed to do this or that. I might just get away with it in one of those face masks  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #1769 on: May 03, 2020, 05:06:52 PM »

A gentleman knows not to ask a Lady her age  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 179