Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194161 times)

flutterby

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #405 on: March 09, 2020, 03:19:05 PM »

Hi Katejo yes wipes are definitely the worst and cause huge problems but I've been advised that tissues do not break down as easily as toilet paper
Flutterby x
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 03:35:02 PM by flutterby »

Sparrow

« Reply #406 on: March 09, 2020, 03:23:06 PM »

If you have not used bum wipes recently you would be surprised.  They have drastically changed the product and it a job to use them without them falling apart before the job is done.  ::)

Face and baby wipes are the ones to avoid.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 03:34:07 PM by Shadyglade »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #407 on: March 09, 2020, 03:24:36 PM »

"It might prevent me ........ " so ring your departments and ask the question?  No good worrying about issues that the NHS wouldn't necessarily share with patients .......... because they know doesn't mean that they have considered patients might actually like that info too  ::)

Countrygirl

« Reply #408 on: March 09, 2020, 03:28:15 PM »

I'm always leaving tissues in my jeans pockets and they always stay in one piece after going through the washing machine, but if I've used loo roll it goes into tiny bitty pieces x

sheila99

« Reply #409 on: March 09, 2020, 03:41:13 PM »

It depends what else is in the wash. If it's a white sheet it stays intact, black cords and there are a million little pieces of white tissue all over them  :(

Sparrow

« Reply #410 on: March 09, 2020, 03:47:07 PM »

Loved this both for Womens day and stockpiling.

https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/status/1237016089529368577's=08

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #411 on: March 09, 2020, 03:48:25 PM »

That could be my Mum  ;D

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #412 on: March 09, 2020, 04:00:36 PM »

Hi Pennyfarthing re flushing tissues down toilet, they don't breakdown like toilet paper and could make things worse with our overloaded sewerage systems. Due to the number of surface wipes that seem to be flying off the shelves, I'm really concerned that when they are used in the bathroom/ toilet they are being flushed down the toilet too!
I'm trying to get into the habit of emptying our waste bin every day
Flutterby x

We use Tesco Eco  100% recycled and they?re just like toilet paper, I have a box beside me.   I have never put wet wipes or facial wipes down the loo but assumed tissues were OK. 

we have lived in this house for 30 years and never had a problem.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #413 on: March 09, 2020, 04:05:17 PM »

I went to buy my Mum her usual antiseptic hand gel today and couldn't get any. All sold out.  She has used it for years as she has a colostomy and has always been scrupulous about hygiene.  She can sit on the loo and use that whereas she can't stand comfortably at a sink and wash her hands with soap any more.  We will have to have a rethink when her last small bottle has gone. 

ElkWarning

« Reply #414 on: March 09, 2020, 04:14:14 PM »

I work with quite a few Italians.  Just had to scrape some young guy off the floor.  He's so desperately worried.  600 intensive care beds available mean that the authorities have no option other than to triage early and treat those most likely to survive.  Apparently, it's terrible in the lock down zone.  And the people are so angry, especially at their own government.  All that ridiculous 'there's nothing to worry about, stop listening to media hysteria' has really come back and bitten them hard, and the rest of Europe for that matter.

Business as usual only works until the stock market loses 10%.

I've have gone from being 'concerned' to being 'really very concerned'.

Tc

« Reply #415 on: March 09, 2020, 04:59:30 PM »

Teresa. I'm sorry to hear that.  I realy hope it doesnt come to affecting treatments and procedures for those who need it most like yourself. 

Barnacle. Hope it goes o.k for your mum. It's never a good idea to expose a person on chemo whose immunity is compromised to any potential infection.  It cant always be avoided if you are their carer and have a cold or virus but thats when mask, gloves etc.and scrupulous hygiene  are important .  My wife was told by the nurses in chemo to still get on with her life but to be very aware of exposure in large crowds and wear a mask and also to not be embarrassed to say to people. "Please dont hug me or kiss me".

Xx

Sparrow

« Reply #416 on: March 09, 2020, 05:12:46 PM »

Just watching the news conference from Downing Street, and much to my surprise it is making sense and is very informative.

Katejo

« Reply #417 on: March 09, 2020, 05:19:38 PM »

Just watching the news conference from Downing Street, and much to my surprise it is making sense and is very informative.
   Really making sense !    ;D What are they saying?

Tc

« Reply #418 on: March 09, 2020, 05:23:32 PM »

Sense out of downing street? Stranger things have happened I guess  :)

Sparrow

« Reply #419 on: March 09, 2020, 05:27:35 PM »

Well it was what the experts said, to be honest.  What Boris said, well he's Boris.  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 179