Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 195262 times)

Sparrow

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #915 on: March 25, 2020, 03:08:34 PM »

JD, it might help to give him some diaorlyte to rehydrate him.  If he is sweating he will be losing a lot of body salts.  The Diaorlyte will replace them and speed hydration.   Might make him feel better too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #916 on: March 25, 2020, 04:06:19 PM »

These viruses can take their time to work through the body. If he is not better tomorrow will you ring for advice?

CLKD

« Reply #917 on: March 25, 2020, 04:26:15 PM »

OH HOW AWFUL - my idea of HELL  :'(

sheila99

« Reply #918 on: March 25, 2020, 04:27:02 PM »

Jillydoll you need to look after yourself too. You need to be in the best condition you can be in case you get it too. They used to say not to worry about a fever if it was less than 100 but I don't know if that applies for CV. Not getting worse is probably the best sign.

CLKD

« Reply #919 on: March 25, 2020, 04:33:04 PM »

How certain R U jillydoll that it's C-19?  Has it been confirmed with his co-worker?  R U in touch with her to see how she is progressing?  The pharmacist is the place to ask too.

Tc

« Reply #920 on: March 25, 2020, 05:08:29 PM »

Sending love jilly. Hope he starts to feel better soon xxx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #921 on: March 25, 2020, 08:34:43 PM »

Thanks to everyone who sent best wishes. Means a lot. xx

ElkWarning

« Reply #922 on: March 25, 2020, 08:49:25 PM »

Just caught up with this JillyDoll. Sending you loads of love.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #923 on: March 25, 2020, 09:07:55 PM »

Thanx Elk. xx

Barnacle

« Reply #924 on: March 25, 2020, 11:31:25 PM »

No, not just you. My DS was in the living room with me when it came on earlier, and i turned it over straight away. I just do not want to see it, or understand why anybody would want to film themselves either.
We all know that it can be very serious in some people and will sadly kill a huge number of people around the world, but for me watching that is a step too far.

Dorothy

« Reply #925 on: March 25, 2020, 11:34:44 PM »

No, I agree.  I've 'snoozed' several people on social media because I've got so fed up with constant 'you have no idea how bad it is' or 'this is what it's like to die from Coronavirus' videos.  I don't think those clips are going to do anything to deter the people who keep breaking lockdown rules, but it makes everyone else stressed and anxious.  And as stress impacts on the immune system, I believe for many people, it could actually be  harmful to watch these things, since the stress will make them more likely to get sick.

I have to keep going out to work and also as a volunteer for the local support group, running errands for people who are self isolating.  I KNOW I'm risking getting it every time I leave the house - I really don't need people constantly telling me how horrible it is!

sheila99

« Reply #926 on: March 25, 2020, 11:53:42 PM »

Many young people have the idea they don't have to take it seriously because if they get it will only be mild. It's a good thing if they understand they could be bad too.

Tc

« Reply #927 on: March 26, 2020, 01:01:32 AM »

I understand the thinking behind wanting to show the reality from  inside hospitals to those who flout the lockdown or may decide to try and break it early because they believe that covid is merely a cold.  But then  for those of us already following the rules  or those who have to keep working to keep the country going we are doing all we can do.and  for many it is just adding to the anxiety.

I have close family Who have fallen sick in the last week and are  quarantined in their homes. Myself and rest of my family isolated. .  I ca'nt help them. and having an anxiety disorder anyway  I just worked myself up into a terrible state with it all and had a major panic attack.  Being alone,  It's not like if I escalate towards a breakdown I can do what I've done in the past and have my family step in.  I have to protect .my mental health  so I decided yesterday morning that I would limit what I watch and read.

.  I watch the govt broadcasts and have a quick look at international round up.  But i personally   could realy do without the hours and hours of tv and radio analysis and speculation from every Tom dick and harry which seems to plague our media these days and has become horrendous during this crisis.

Keep up the good work dorothy. Stay safe.ladies Xx
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 01:04:34 AM by Tc »

Sparrow

« Reply #928 on: March 26, 2020, 06:31:12 AM »

Stop watching Tc.

I just check online, once a day now,  so I am informed but not saturated.  As you say the horror stories are not good for our mental health.  There is nothing we can do except follow the rules anyway. Try and distract yourself by doing ordinary things.  I find lots of music helps.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #929 on: March 26, 2020, 07:14:11 AM »

I have just deleted my news app and temporarily deactivated my Facebook account, as all the scare stories are making my anxiety almost unbearable
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:56:39 AM by Donnadoobie »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 179