Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194084 times)

yellowflower

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2020, 08:41:31 PM »

I don't think it's harsh at all, and i'm not wishing harm on anyone, just saying that where this virus originated is one of the places that animals are blowtorched and boiled alive ,and the dogs they catch or any animal could be riddled with disease,and hopefully lessons will be learned,
There are many  videos on the internet of how those poor animals are killed and it's barbaric

Apparently there are still people in China who eat live baby mice. It is considered a delicacy. The government have banned it and yet it still goes on. Any wonder all the worst respiratory viruses come out of asian countries. I saw some video of this "dish" being eaten and it was utterly appalling.

I do wonder if there is something we are not being told though. The death rate is similar to the flu and if what we are being told is true, the deaths occur in the elderly and and immune compromised.

Have you 'fact checked' this weird mice story Yellowflower. Even videos can be made to deceive.

Yes.

sheila99

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2020, 09:06:44 PM »

Real fur from China is cheaper than fake fur and often indistinguishable. From animals skinned alive.
Roll on recession, it will be the best thing to happen to the environment.

yellowflower

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2020, 09:46:00 PM »

Real fur from China is cheaper than fake fur and often indistinguishable. From animals skinned alive.

China has a terrible record when it comes to animal cruelty, particularly dogs. I don't know whether this is because of communism and the shortages of food etc, but they are extremely cruel with their methods. The dog meat trade relies on the dogs being frightened as they believe adrenaline makes the meat better. I am involved in animal rescue and even I cannot watch video of the dog meat markets in China and Korea. I am sure that Shadyglade means well, but animal to human viruses are more likely to happen in countries where these sort of practices occur en masse.

yellowflower

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2020, 09:51:04 PM »

shadyglade,these videos are often on facebook, by the Humane society, and other animal activists, people who rescue especially the dogs and cats
I do know what karma means, and yes i dov believe this virus is just that, but innocent people are suffering too, and i wouldn't wish it on them
I worded it wrong before, this virus was bound to happen at some point,as i said ,animals dragged in off the street.especially strays could be carrying any disease
I have no idea why you couldn't get them on youtube,i have never tried,

Jaycee, these videos are everywhere. I am involved in animal rescue and even I can no longer watch videos of the dog meat trade in China and Korea. There are some other animals too that are eaten in these countries that just should not be eaten. Animals like rat which is a delicacy apparently along with bats. Both of these animals carry nasty viruses and who is to say how they are prepared in 3rd world countries or even how they source the supply. Combine that with overcrowding and what do people expect will happen?

Sparrow

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2020, 09:51:25 PM »

China has a terrible record when it comes to animal cruelty, particularly dogs. I don't know whether this is because of communism and the shortages of food etc, but they are extremely cruel with their methods. The dog meat trade relies on the dogs being frightened as they believe adrenaline makes the meat better. I am involved in animal rescue and even I cannot watch video of the dog meat markets in China and Korea. I am sure that Shadyglade means well, but animal to human viruses are more likely to happen in countries where these sort of practices occur en masse.

It's really rude to talk about a third person on a forum Yellowflower.  Especially when it's patronising.

sheila99

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2020, 10:12:13 PM »

Or a polite way of suggesting you're using your second brain  ;) ;D

Sparrow

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2020, 10:14:16 PM »

Or a polite way of suggesting you're using your second brain  ;) ;D

Well two is better than one. 🤣

The Second Brain.  Thought by the ancients to be the site of 'emotional intelligence'.  Origin of the term 'gut instinct'.  I'll go with that. 😊
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 07:05:48 AM by Shadyglade »

yellowflower

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2020, 12:17:41 AM »

It's really rude to talk about a third person on a forum Yellowflower.  Especially when it's patronising.

I think you are being overly sensitive. I said you probably mean well. I'm not sure how you find that rude or patronising.

yellowflower

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2020, 12:29:08 AM »

I was listening to a doctor from Canada on the radio yesterday who put everything in perspective really well. There are a handful of cases in a few countries outside of China, so the level of panic is completely unwarranted. He also said that masks offer no protection. We have 5 confirmed cases in Australia and yet the suburb of Box Hill in Melbourne is like a ghost town at the moment as they have a very high Chinese population and our media is beating this issue up. The death rate for Coronavirus seems to be in line with the flu and most deaths have been in the elderly or the immune compromised, so I am wondering if there is something we are not being told.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2020, 08:35:38 AM »

Will you STOP!  this is about bugs not animal cruelty.  Get another thread  :cuss:

People flying in from China will be quarantined.  Hopefully they will be given plenty to do to keep stress levels low  :-\

Sparrow

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2020, 08:38:03 AM »

That's been delayed.  Took our government long enough to get their act together and now the flight has not received permission to leave.  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2020, 08:42:22 AM »

So stuck on board  :o my idea of Hell .............. how soon B4 they run out of loo paper  :'(

Sparrow

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2020, 08:44:19 AM »

Nope, not even at the airport yet.

CLKD

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2020, 08:51:27 AM »

PHEW!

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2020, 01:05:50 PM »

Stuck on a cruise ship in Italy - what's not to like!

2 Chinese Nationals aboard  ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 179