Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 197891 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2085 on: June 06, 2020, 09:10:08 AM »

To Be [masked]
Or not to B ...............

I wonder if WHO has shares in various products that initially weren't recommended  :-\

I don't do graphs nor do I read links that others haven't read !

Sparrow

« Reply #2086 on: June 06, 2020, 09:26:37 AM »

To Be [masked]
Or not to B ...............

I wonder if WHO has shares in various products that initially weren't recommended  :-\

I don't do graphs nor do I read links that others haven't read !

WHO is part of the United Nations.  I shouldn't think they have shares in anything.

It's a shame you don't look at links as these ones are particularly informative.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #2087 on: June 06, 2020, 10:22:21 AM »

Interesting shadyglade

the increase in deaths seems to correlate almost exactly to Covid registered deaths.  I also wonder how many of the pneumonia deaths were in fact Covid related.  Also,  I think we have to consider how many deaths could be attributed to people not getting medical help sooner, as they were worried about Covid.  There seems to be more people delaying getting checked out for cancer, who are now very sick and people having heart attacks etc and not seeking help.

we may never know the real figure.

masks should be mandatory in all public spaces, although I read a meme on Facebook that said ?Requiring face masks three months into a pandemic is like requiring condoms at the baby shower?

CLKD

« Reply #2088 on: June 06, 2020, 10:37:00 AM »

Agreed Donnadoobie -

Shadyglade - anyone who posts links that they haven't read could be posting any rubbish that appears on the internet.  One has to remember to know who funds these reports.  >yawn< I've been around too long and typed many research reports to even begin to believe what is produced on the internet.

Cynical?  Moi  ;D

WHO keep changing their minds.  But are not clear on why.  Off to read the Sat papers.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #2089 on: June 06, 2020, 11:22:47 AM »

Indeed Teresa

Donnadoobie

« Reply #2090 on: June 07, 2020, 10:03:18 AM »

I have been doing the Zoe Covid Symptom study and just signed up the other day for their study in getting an online symptom checker.

I had an email today asking me to go for a covid test today, as I mentioned a bad throat for two days in a row.  my husband gets one too as he is also in the study.

feel a bit scared.

Dierdre

« Reply #2091 on: June 07, 2020, 10:09:31 AM »

Well its back to work and school for me Monday, been working from home through lockdown. Been reading all the risk assessments and feeling very, very anxious. Why are we putting the children through this for just a few weeks? The littlte ones will be afraid to move in case they accidentally bump into someone and get into trouble (they wouldn't really). We have to dress up into PPE with face sheilds before dealing with a child who has fallen and injured before touching them, how scary is that! The Nursery children dont understand self distance anyway and all their soft toys, cushions etc. gone.  If they are upset we cant even hold their hand.

We have to clean every hour, good idea.

All children and staff have to wash their clothes everyday and shower as soon as  they get home.

I understand the need for Year 6 to go back to help with transition to secondary school and to see their friends, also they will understand the new rules and cope better with the changes. I dont understand why the little ones need to do this and many of the parents are still not sending them anyway.

Hopefully I'm just being too anxious and it'll be fine.🤞

Katejo

« Reply #2092 on: June 07, 2020, 10:29:00 AM »

I have been doing the Zoe Covid Symptom study and just signed up the other day for their study in getting an online symptom checker.

I had an email today asking me to go for a covid test today, as I mentioned a bad throat for two days in a row.  my husband gets one too as he is also in the study.

feel a bit scared.
  I am also on this study but haven't declared any symptoms to them yet. Where does it tell you to go for the test? Is it close to home ? I don't drive so couldn't get to one of the drive by centres.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #2093 on: June 07, 2020, 10:44:25 AM »

it is about a 15 minute drive.  don't think it is anything, I have had throat problems for months.

Two hoots

« Reply #2094 on: June 07, 2020, 10:56:57 AM »

Watching the protests around the country Im starting to think why did we bother with lockdown  >:(

Katejo

« Reply #2095 on: June 07, 2020, 11:02:47 AM »

Watching the protests around the country Im starting to think why did we bother with lockdown  >:(

Yes. No way would I have gone to a march now however strongly I might feel about the issues.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #2096 on: June 07, 2020, 11:28:40 AM »

I understand why they are protesting but this was so unwise in the middle of a pandemic

CLKD

« Reply #2097 on: June 07, 2020, 11:55:08 AM »

Some small towns in the UK painted social distancing markers which seemed to work in a quiet, peaceful protest.

I would be there if it wasn't for lockdown, but I don't think it will do much good as people have short memories other than those who undergo bullying daily.  :'(

Dierdre

« Reply #2098 on: June 07, 2020, 12:04:57 PM »

Did anyone watch Andrew Marr show today, just caught the interview with a scientist, I think, saying it will all end with having herd immunity like all previous pandemics unless we have a vaccine.  The lockdown was to protect the NHS.

sheila99

« Reply #2099 on: June 07, 2020, 12:14:41 PM »

The irony of it. Organise a protest in support of Black Lives Matter in the middle of a pandemic... where some people will be be infectious... and spread it to others... so more lives will be lost. Seems to me you lose the moral high ground when you put your desire to make a political statement above the lives of those you're supposedly helping. I wonder how many will die as a result? DDs friend travelled to it by train from Manchester, no doubt some came from other areas.  >:(
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 179