Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 193925 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1230 on: April 03, 2020, 05:12:13 PM »

Jilly  :foryou:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1231 on: April 03, 2020, 05:17:52 PM »

You cry.  What I can't understand is all this moving of people around ......... as well as Staff wearing uniforms home  :o ......... and back the next day ...........  :-\:foryou:  jillydoll

When will someone realise how to BARRIER NURSE! 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1232 on: April 03, 2020, 06:03:03 PM »

As well as staff from supermarkets, who knows if they have a large slobbery dog to greet them  ;D

Lanzalover

« Reply #1233 on: April 03, 2020, 06:27:40 PM »

Thanks for the update Jillydoll just sorry it isn't more positive hopefully the next couple of days will bring more positive news.

Your have been amazing during this awful time, stay strong and you'll get through this. A good cry every now again makes us all feel better so if you want to cry or scream you go for it girl.

Sending lots of love and get well wishes to your DH.

Lanzalover x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #1234 on: April 03, 2020, 06:30:39 PM »

Every day people amaze me with their ignorance.  My neighbour rang me and said her partner had been out in his car, driven to the coast and had a ?lovely walk?.  I queried this and she said ?it's OK there was nobody there and no cars on the car park?.     I checked online and the car parks are closed to keep people away so he must have squeezed in right next to the car park.  It says only people who live there and can walk are allowed to walk there.  I asked her why he didn't just walk round our village and she said he wanted to give the car a run so he didn't get a flat battery.   :-\

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #1235 on: April 03, 2020, 06:32:46 PM »

Love and positive thoughts to Jillydoll. Xx

Two hoots

« Reply #1236 on: April 03, 2020, 06:34:22 PM »

Thanks for letting us know JD, it will take him a while to get over pheumonia but at least they are treating it now  :)

Two hoots

« Reply #1237 on: April 03, 2020, 07:13:29 PM »

A house up the road has had scaffolding put up, skip delivered and 2/3 roofers working all week  >:(

suzysunday

« Reply #1238 on: April 03, 2020, 08:00:58 PM »

I live in a small village and some bloke is going to have a disco in his garden at the weekend and asking for requests.   On the village Facebook page a lot of folks into it.  I hate noise and feel stressed with the situation and 80s disco will make me feel worse.  Why do people think they are doing everyone a favour when it's really all about their egos.

Katejo

« Reply #1239 on: April 03, 2020, 08:54:53 PM »

A house up the road has had scaffolding put up, skip delivered and 2/3 roofers working all week  >:(
I was due to have a new bathroom fitted (starting a week ago) but now postponed probably for several months. The suppliers have closed down. However a house on my road is having major  external work done st the moment.

Annie0710

« Reply #1240 on: April 03, 2020, 10:03:54 PM »

Jillydoll

I so wish for good news for hubby and you, my god you both deserve it

Xxx

Ju Ju

« Reply #1241 on: April 03, 2020, 10:15:47 PM »

Just looked at my emails. Sainsbury's say I've been identified as extremely vulnerable by the government and can have my shopping delivered. I didn't receive a letter from the government, but know that I am vulnerable as I have been very ill following minor infections. However I don't need the highest doses of meds unless ill. Fortunately I don't catch infections easily, which I put down to years of teaching young children. I don't know if I'm pleased or not. It solves the problem of getting shopping, but does it mean complete isolation? I've gone out for walks, as there are walks you can do and pass people at a distance around here.  DH is reluctant to shop because of me, so he's relieved.

groundhog

« Reply #1242 on: April 03, 2020, 10:39:40 PM »

Hi Ju JU and everyone,
I had a letter and it does say I can't go out at all for 10 weeks , so no daily exercise.  Plus it recommended that hubby also doesn't go out for fear of bringing it back 😫. We are adhering to this but finding shopping slots difficult.  As you know I live in wales and Sainsbury's do have a number to ring for vulnerable ppl in wales, I can't get through or when I do, I get cut off.
it's a double edged sword.  It is good in that you will get your shopping delivered but does mean ( in wales )  that you can't  go for a walk.  Mind you as I said I live in wales so things are slightly different but the general gist of the letter is the same.  You will probably get a letter soon as the shopping vulnerable slots are allocated from the names of ppl who had / will have a letter xx
Stay safe Ju Ju xxx

Tc

« Reply #1243 on: April 04, 2020, 08:17:41 AM »

As far as I can tell from my family nobody over 70 has had a vulnerable letter.  Have they been taken out of the equation on this govt  vulnerable list.  An uncle of 85  who has heart failure and fluid on lungs has been told by gp to not go out on any account same with wife in case she puts him at risk.  Yet yesterday he was told he is not eligible for the vulnerable list and therefore cannot get the shopping package or priority delivery from supermarkets.

X

Taz2

« Reply #1244 on: April 04, 2020, 09:24:31 AM »

I'd find it incredibly grim being imprisoned for that length of time.  What about your mental health?? Not so bad if you live with others - but inside for 10 weeks alone - ugh.

I worry about some of the people I regularly used to see out and about on the bus.

A lovely woman in her 80s who lives in the next road would often say to me the reason she went shopping every day was that if she stopped that would be it! Mobility can go into a downward spiral surprisingly quickly let alone confidence. Although we have a local shop, its about half a mile walk and she couldn't manage that, so the daily 5 minute walk to the bus stop with her trolley and a trip into town to the supermarket (close to the bus stop the other end) was her life. I doubt if I'll ever see her out again if this lockdown continues.

Another old chap who's sight impaired and uses a white stick has seemingly refused to give in - saw him getting off the bus yesterday with a bag of shopping. I think he was probably the only passenger.

Have you got local community help set up like we have here? Someone has distributed a little flyer which gives telephone numbers to call in the immediate vicinity should you need a chat or shopping help. It's worked well in our area for those who are trying to keep away from others but don't qualify for the 'shielding'. Do you know which house the lady in the next road lives in? Such a worry as you say but hopefully she has family looking out for her even remotely.

Taz x
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 179