Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 195002 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1005 on: March 27, 2020, 07:45:43 PM »

Yes Jay, but littleminnies right. Your nurses skirt is like a belt. And with big bloomers on too, not a good look! 🤣😂🤣

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1006 on: March 27, 2020, 08:33:03 PM »

He's always liked big pants though to be fair! 🤣😂

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1007 on: March 27, 2020, 08:34:48 PM »

Difficult if one doesn't have anywhere to walk though.  It is mainly to prevent accident victims taking up bed space etc..

That advice jaypo was issued initially and in some places the Poice are being really strict.  Pity that they aren't that strict with members of the public that break the Law often  >:(

sheila99

« Reply #1008 on: March 27, 2020, 08:37:27 PM »

Apart from the risks of a RTA or idiots getting lost in the hills and needing mountain rescue please remember the countryside is also someone's workplace. Like many farms there's a footpath through our farmyard, anyone opening a gate is potentially leaving the virus on the gate for 3 days. Not only is it coming up to our busiest time of year with lambing and calving so we will have to work however ill we are but it will kill MIL if she gets it. She can't be completely isolated as she needs help with pills etc.

CLKD

« Reply #1009 on: March 27, 2020, 08:48:02 PM »

Isn't it time to reinstate foot-baths etc. at Farm gates?  Perhaps put hand wash out too though they could get knicked :-((((  ......... I try to carry a small bottle with me when walking in case I touch something a little fresh  ::)

My nephew has been showing symptoms for over a week. 

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #1010 on: March 27, 2020, 09:07:31 PM »

Did somebody say 'big pants' ??!!
I'm here.
Glad the OH is a bit better this evening JD. That must be a huge relief.
Now is the time to take care of yourself. Catch up on your own sleep etc.
Love to you all. xxx

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #1011 on: March 27, 2020, 09:08:59 PM »

Apart from the risks of a RTA or idiots getting lost in the hills and needing mountain rescue please remember the countryside is also someone's workplace. Like many farms there's a footpath through our farmyard, anyone opening a gate is potentially leaving the virus on the gate for 3 days. Not only is it coming up to our busiest time of year with lambing and calving so we will have to work however ill we are but it will kill MIL if she gets it. She can't be completely isolated as she needs help with pills etc.

My son was out cycling yesterday and in the middle of nowhere he said he saw a couple walking right  through the middle of a field.  This pandemic has robbed people of their brains.

Sparrow

« Reply #1012 on: March 27, 2020, 09:25:41 PM »

The rule is very vague.  It says to stay 'local'.  What is local?? A mile, 3 miles, etc.,  It's too wide open to interpretation.

CLKD

« Reply #1013 on: March 27, 2020, 09:34:16 PM »

In Italy it means round the block.  Of course like MK it's built on a block so out the door, round your block and home.  Not even into the allotment.  As well as having to carry documentation all the while but then, that's something the UK never picked up as necessary when part of Europe.

Neither does it suggest here how long an exercise session is meant to be. 

Apparently the local police have been delivering tulips to some people - don't know why or how they were ordered but wouldn't 1 have thought that the Police have more important issues to deal with?  It would freak me out if one appeared on my door step!!

C-19 hasn't stopped idiots setting fire to the Moors in Lancashire  >:(

ElkWarning

« Reply #1014 on: March 27, 2020, 09:49:56 PM »

That's brilliant news, JillyDoll. Really glad he's turned the corner. That must be a massive relief.

Re: the driving... under new powers the cops can now make this call. As others have said, it's about cutting down risks. We saw what happened when everyone decided to travel for their exercise, with or without dogs. Brighton wasn't best pleased when a ton of tourists turned up last weekend. Yes, we know the beach might be more interesting than doing laps around your cul de sac, but we really don't need this at the moment.

Barnacle

« Reply #1015 on: March 27, 2020, 10:02:22 PM »

Hope you soon start feeling better, Pants x

Jilly, so good to hear that things are improving, take care x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #1016 on: March 27, 2020, 10:16:56 PM »

A neighbour I spoke to on the phone today told me that the house opposite them is a second home and the owners had relatives from Leicester and London staying last weekend and they were out and about all the time and treating it like a holiday. It makes me sick!  They come up here eating our food and crowding our shops and then if they need a doctor or hospital they could take one of our places.  It wouldn't even occur to me to go to another part of the country. What don't people understand about STAY AT HOME!!?

ElkWarning

« Reply #1017 on: March 27, 2020, 10:29:09 PM »

Oh, and also fuel security. World is in meltdown, so it's one way to informally ration it without panicking the population.

dangermouse

« Reply #1018 on: March 27, 2020, 11:03:02 PM »

If youre allowed to drive to the supermarket why would you not be allowed to drive to the park?

Pavements can be dangerous for some people to walk on, they need the safety of the park.

I thought they were referring to people who were driving for miles to beauty spots.

Blot

« Reply #1019 on: March 28, 2020, 12:50:32 AM »

Think I?ll be allowed to drive 40 miles to help my son move some stuff home?
He's lost his job so can't afford his rent and has to move back home. A couple of car journeys over the next few weeks will be required. I'm so anxious about it all. I will simply drive there put the stuff in my car then drive back. This is essential travel isn't it?
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 179