Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 1203 times)

CrispyChick

Re: Quick question
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 01:21:38 PM »

Sammiejane - would u not consider kicking your smoking habit.... They might let u on the pill then. Early 40s.....we have a long way to go 🤔

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2020, 06:28:26 PM »

Ah. I'm peri. I'm just kind of wondering how safe it is really to stay on a pill without breaks. I'm 2 months in..... And was finally turning a corner, but just felt like I wanted a wee break. Was planning on 3 days instead of 7, as I know I'll get a severe migraine by day 4. But only 24 hours after missing my first pill and I'm feeling bad!!!!

So, was just wondering if oestrogen is given continuously for hrt.... I know it is lower dose. Would give me some peace of mind. X

CrispyChick there are other pill types more suitable for peri-menopause but they are possibly weaker but the bonus is they are bio-identical oestrogen - estradiol - and one of them only has 2 pill free days and oestrogen is taken for the rest of them (sometimes with the progestogen). They are called Qlaira or Zoely. Qlaira is tri-phasic ie the oestrogen dose varies throughout the month - between 1 mg and 3 mg so you might like to try this?  Zoely has 2.5 1.5 mg oestrogen (same all month) and just 4 tablet free days. Might be worth thinking about? These can also be prescribed for longer (greater age?) than the conventional pills I think as they are bio-identical (oestrogen) and not associated with the same risks as the normal COC pills (which contain synthetic oestrogens)?

Hurdity x

Edit - have corrected the estradiol dose!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 09:12:00 AM by Hurdity »

Alicess

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2020, 08:01:32 PM »

Hurdity, I made the same error as you back in the day but Zoely contains 1,5 mg Estradiol and 2,5 mg Nomegestrol.

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2020, 09:11:13 AM »

Thanks Alicess! You know before I looked it up (in a hurry as I was going out!) I could have sworn it was 1.5 mg estradiol - because I remember thinking it was quite low, but then yesterday thought I was mistaken. It is confusing if you don't look it up properly as HRT is usually expressed the other way round ie oestrogen dose first, and I think also the COC pills too.... I'll edit my post. I think I've also posted somewhere else this incorrect dose so will have a look and edit that too!

Cheers for this.

Hurdity  x

Alicess

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2020, 10:32:38 AM »

Yes, exactly. Estradiol dose is usually named first that's why I made the same mistake. Very confusing.

Alicess x
Pages: 1 [2]