Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Palpitations = Low Oestrogen  (Read 2626 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Palpitations = Low Oestrogen
« on: January 03, 2020, 07:13:49 PM »

I noticed over Xmas that I was getting lots of palpitations which I don't normally suffer from. They were quite annoying, but I assumed it was maybe all the rich festive grub?

But I have just been told (and did some research) that palpitations are a classic symptom of low oestrogen levels. Looks like my own levels definitely slumped too low, and hence the nasty blip I've been struggling with.

I feel better than I did, at least the nasty anxiety/dread has gone. But I feel very flat and low, can't even be bothered to talk, to be honest. Going to persist with the 4 pumps for a few more days in the hope this mood slump will shift.

Annie0710

Re: Palpitations = Low Oestrogen
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 09:21:27 PM »

I get bad palpitations when I use patches, I don't get them really on the gel, I think I absorb patches too well x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 09:58:30 PM »

They can be a symptom of too high oestrogen too. Do you have other low oestrogen symptoms?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 10:23:21 AM »

Don't have any other symptoms of high oestrogen really. Didn't realise they could be symptomatic of high levels too?

squeaker99

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 11:56:43 AM »

Hi. I would agree it could be too high oestrogen - or even hormones levels swinging as one Meno GP once suggested.

I have had a week of some heart area  buzzing and do you know what  - it was a year to the day exactly when I got them
before . I looked at the calendar and the GP appointment was 7th Jan 2019.  (Check out via ECG & monitor all fine, then a month later they disappeared.). The GP suggested it could actually be a trapped nerve in neck or even inner ear virus that causes the buzzing sensation in chest /stomach area. That is why it is a bad idea to self or forum diagnose as sometimes there is a simple cause that you are not even thinking about.

I wondered if it could be Vitamin D (or Iron in my case) lack that triggers it, or like  you said a week of rich/glucosey/more alcohol than normal - anything that produces adrenaline spikes which hormones could also play a part in.

We all have so much similarity but no answers. GPs seem to have no answers too!

I do know that when I make a GP appointment my ailments seem to go away!

Ladybt28

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 12:33:19 PM »

I have had a bit of low mood after xmas but then I was on my progesterone cycle during xmas and it has been a bit worse than usual.  I have put it down to the eating thing.  Xmas wasn't that stressful and we had a really good time for once (flaming amazing!) but after I have been feeling a bit rough.  I have been a bit anxious as well.  I did have a drink which I don't normally do which I know makes me feel rough so it's probably down to that.

Have you upped your gel to 4 pumps GypseyRoseLee from a lower dose?  If you have and your own levels were a bit slumped then they may take a couple of weeks to come up and stablise again.  I don't know if you are post meno but if you are still peri and have had a permanent drop to your own levels it could take a month or more at least.  xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 01:13:23 PM »

Hi Ladybt28. I have been on 4 pumps for 3 years. During this time I've always had these blips (which always last 1 - 2 weeks and are typically in the 2nd half of the month), but the gaps between them have been getting much longer and longer. The last gap was 9 months!

All I can think is that my high dose manages to surpress my cycle most of the time and keep my mood very 'up'. But it's not 100%. And when my own cycle breaks through, it causes these nasty dips.

I'm very reluctant to tinker with my 4 pumps, when it seems to be very effective 80% of the time. But I would love to know if increasing my dose temporarily when I have a blip would actually work??? But I'm too wary to try it.

Ladybt28

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 01:23:22 PM »

Well GRL, I'm not sure that we ever get to 100% - I am much better than I have been in 20 years and I have blips so I settle for 80%!  Its so easy to fall into the trap of "its working but can I make it better than this is already"!  I'm 18 months in (on a regime that works. I had 7 years of regimes that didn't work  ::)) and bearing in mind where I started I'm happy to settle for what I've got!  You could try half a pump at a time but in my experience it takes longer than the blip lasts to settle so its hard to judge.  I've done it but it hasn't helped me so I stick with the 4 pumps and cycle of utrogesten and say to myself "its a blip, it will pass".  You will have to do something though if the blips come closer together and/or become permanent.  xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 02:26:00 PM »

Yes, I agree. As these blips only ever seem to last 1-2 weeks, upping my dose temporarily would be redundant as it would take weeks to feel any different. It gives me hope that my current regime is capable of giving me 9 months of wellness. Really keeping my fingers crossed that it will soon pass and can get lots more months of wellness. Could definitely tolerate one blip every 9 months.

Annie0710

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 07:45:58 PM »

Don't have any other symptoms of high oestrogen really. Didn't realise they could be symptomatic of high levels too?

When j use patches I think my levels must increase considerably as I get awful palpitations and jitteriness and feel just awful x