Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Waiting for scan...  (Read 24051 times)

littleminnie

Re: Waiting for scan...
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2020, 08:56:40 AM »

Excellent news Jeepers.  :) :) :)

Blot

« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2020, 09:06:18 AM »

Woo hoo! Excellent. I'm so pleased for you x

squeaker99

« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2020, 04:21:26 PM »

Good news Jeepers and thanks for sharing your experience.
It has been interesting for me watching from the ' outside' as someone who struggles with HA too.
It seemed to obvious that non of the health professions thought there was anything wrong. There must
be warning signs/red flags and you didn't have them It shows what a load of rubbish is sometimes on the internet.
If you Google ' pain in the side'  the sites tell you your worst fears. We are fodder for their click bait.
I thought when your scan was over quick that nothing came up.

I do hope you can try and move on - I wish I had any tips that work. Time and time again I say ' right , now I have
got that checked out I am going to live me best life' - but then weeks later off I go again.

I do think Peri and Meno kick up all kinds of weird aches /pains/ discharges/headaches / mental weirdness that make you think
something is very wrong.  I was told we have hormone receptors all over our bodies so I do wonder if there is
an immune system / inflammation response  that has not been identified yet with rears up in Meno.

I try and live by the day. Think of each day as 24 hours of moments of enjoyment.

Hurdity

« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2020, 08:35:24 PM »

Glad to hear all is well Jeepers!  Keep positive! :)

Hurdity x

ElkWarning

« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2020, 09:17:05 PM »

Oh, that's such good news.  Bet you're bloody exhausted now though.

x

Jeepers

« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2020, 09:24:09 PM »

Thank you all, so very very kind.

I am exhausted, and of course I still don't know what's causing the problems

Have had some bad thoughts, and trying not to fall back down the rabbit hole. To that end, I have booked my first hypnotherapy session next Thursday... I really need it to work.

I'm going to try to stay positive , I really am. 

Jeepers xx

ElkWarning

« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2020, 01:55:24 PM »

Hiya

Hypnotherapy?  Can I be nosy and ask you to say more about that?  Obviously, you can tell me to get lost.

Jeepers

« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2020, 03:02:32 PM »

Hi Elk

I would never tell you to get lost, I love your posts, and you are such a warm and kind person

So, they hypnotherapy.  I haven't started it yet, but I did go to a preliminary meeting to find out what its about, and to see if it is something that could potentially help me

The message I took away, it that we have neural pathways in our brains, which, depending on past experiences, become sort of like "auto pilot".  In other words, our thought processes use these neural pathways because in primitive times, they were there to keep us safe.  So, if sometime in the past we had been threatened by a bear, then we would have obviously gone into fight, flight or freeze mode with all of the necessary adrenaline to help us survive, and the pathway knows what worked in the past, so goes straight there again.  They become lightening fast, our first reflexive reaction.  Somewhere along the line though, it becomes the pathway for anything we perceive as a threat, even if it is not. 

Hypnotherapy takes us from our high level of consciousness to a lower level where these pathways operate, and by suggestion (?) or something, the idea is that thes pathways can be rerouted, so that non- threatening triggers do not immediately take us to that same place.

Of course, if there really is a bear, then perhaps not!

That was my understanding, I hope I got it right

I'm willing to try anything at this point.  I have tried straight forward counselling, but just felt like I paid handsomely to talk b*llocks for an hour, and I have a friend who listen for the price of a lunch (or less).  Seriously though, I need more than talking now

Jeepers xx

squeaker99

« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2020, 06:14:28 PM »

I did CBT via the NHS which was excellent - similar to hypno therapy but with an initial bit about
what about my life could have made me anxious. There were also practical bits too e.g. If you feel like X - then do Y.

My trouble was it was great when I had the CBT session to report back to, encourage me and look forward to . Then the course finished and I started to slip into my old habits.

Good for you for deciding to try and change your mental habits though. Every little does help.

marge

« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2020, 07:00:00 PM »

Fab news Jeepers, I'm delighted for you.  Health anxiety is a nightmare and your experience shows just how powerful it is. Onwards and upwards   :)

Jeepers

« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2020, 10:53:05 PM »

Thanks both.

I'm trying to use it as something to focus on. Still not feeling well, and not knowing what it is, makes it really hard to stay on top of things, not slide back down the rabbit hole ..

I've been so bad this last month, I'm ashamed to say.  Even having a shower seemed like a mountain of a task. I have neglected so much .

Cbt ... I did an online course, and i think it did help, but ias you say, it fades once you stop doing it.

Jeepers xx

Jeepers

« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2020, 05:46:58 AM »

Not sleeping well at all.

Woke up again, and coughed, got the most horrible pain In the centre of my stomach, really burned. Different to the usual pain ( which is still there)

So tired of feeling ill

Sorry for the whinge

Jeepers xx

Kathleen

« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2020, 02:54:39 PM »

Hello Jeepers.

I've just caught up with this thread and I'm pleased to see that your scan results were good.

I also sympathise with how you are today.  Feeling unwell is of course worrying, add to that poor sleep and it is no surprise that you feel as you do. Who wouldn't.

I see that you will be trying hypnotherapy soon and hopefully this will  help you deal with your health concerns in a less panicky way. You can even report back to the forum and teach the rest of us how to cope lol.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but you are not alone and I wish you well.

Sending hugs.

K.

Jeepers

« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2020, 10:41:53 AM »

Hi all

I have a follow up appointment with my gastro consultant , so I'll see if he suggests it. I am feeling less anxious now, but probably because I can feel myself slipping into depression with it all. I just feel hopeless now,

I am still getting pain in the kidney area, and sometimes it feels like my ribs are being pushed out from the inside.

I'll try to eat a bland diet, and drink lots of water

Thank you all

Jeepers xx

squeaker99

« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2020, 03:14:56 PM »

Milk can be good for acid, or soya/almond milk. Ditch the caffeine too for a while and drink loads of water.
Gastric problems can be really ramped up if you are anxious on top of it. Stay strong. You can do it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12