Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: Holidays 2020  (Read 4638 times)

jaypo

Re: Holidays 2020
« Reply #330 on: June 30, 2020, 01:23:13 PM »

Don't fret Donna,you'll be ok,take all the usual precautions and all will be fine,I personally CANNOT WAIT to go on holiday

Taz2

« Reply #331 on: June 30, 2020, 01:27:23 PM »

Don?t know if we have done the right thing.

our holiday cottage in  Ireland, due to go on 29th August, has been cancelled by the owner.

Instead, we have booked 10 days in Spain, to stay in our own apartment and to visit my Mother in Law.  My husband had not been able to see his 89 year old  Mother since New Year. 

prices were cheap for the fights, just worried we may not go and worried about the flight if we do!

You'll know more tomorrow after the supposed announcement about quarantining and air bridges etc. I guess. It's quite a while till August so things will probably change by then. How lovely for him to be able to see his mum after all this time!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #332 on: June 30, 2020, 02:22:57 PM »

Go for it Donna - lots of hand gel and I believe that masks are required around the concourse and whilst flying?  If your property hasn't been used during the pandemic, a simple wipe down on arrival and a feather duster to shoo out any spiders will be enough housework!   

One-use gloves become sticky and give a false sense of security.  Far better to use a good gel.  There may not be food on board so mayB take some ginger biscuits whilst in the flight?  I expect that the air line might tell you more?

How has MinL been?  Well locked in?
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Donnadoobie

« Reply #333 on: June 30, 2020, 04:47:47 PM »

She has been well thanks CLKD.  She has been visited by some of the sons and daughters who live near by.  They had to have a signed letter from a doctor to be able to go and take her medication and shopping.  she talks the hind leg off a donkey when we phone as she sees very few people.  but she is of the war time spirit ( well Spanish Civil war) and is a very positive woman.

She doesn?t know we are going to see her, we will fly to Alicante and have 6 days in our apartment, then my brother in law and his wife will take us a 4 hour trip to visit MIL for the weekend.  will come back in time to pack for the flight back home. 

CLKD

« Reply #334 on: June 30, 2020, 05:08:59 PM »

Enjoy!  I will expect a post card  ;D
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Dierdre

« Reply #335 on: June 30, 2020, 06:43:42 PM »

I shouldn't worry too much Donnadoobie,  I'm going to Lanzarote in a few weeks and my family have said its very safe.  Just wear your mask on the flight, probably safer than getting on a bus here and enjoy yourself. I know I will. ;)

Donnadoobie

« Reply #336 on: July 01, 2020, 11:42:22 AM »

Thanks Dierdre

Hurdity

« Reply #337 on: July 02, 2020, 01:00:05 PM »

Our campsite we go to is not re-opening so our holiday is cancelled. Boo... :(. However we live in a lovely placpart of the country  not too far from the sea so I'm not complaining! Also some of our various offpsring are heading down to stay over the next few weeks and we haven't seen them since Christmas so it's holiday at home for us!

Hurdity x

sheila99

« Reply #338 on: July 02, 2020, 04:12:02 PM »

Apparently you need to check your insurance if you're going overseas, some of them aren't covering CV.

Dierdre

« Reply #339 on: July 02, 2020, 09:54:02 PM »

Your covered if you took the insurace before lockdown in March (yearly insurace) but only if and when the FCO lift the travel only for essential purposes. We've sent for the EHIC NHS to use if travel insurance won't cover Covid but these cards are only valid now until December 2020 when we finally exit the EU.

Shadyglade

« Reply #340 on: Today at 08:39:23 AM »

Hi Dierdre,

There are one or two that do cover for Covid.  Can't remember which ones but I think you will find details on Moneysupermarket.  Here's a news article as well.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/travel-insurance-coronavirus-holiday-policy-cover-cancellation-a9

Shadyglade
« Last Edit: Today at 08:57:57 AM by Shadyglade »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]