Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Magnesium  (Read 1618 times)

shrosphirelass

Magnesium
« on: March 03, 2020, 06:39:42 PM »

Can anyone advise re magnesium baths. How many should you have in a week? How long should you soak for? I can't take it orally as it upsets my stomach. Also, any one used this method and it irritated their VA?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Magnesium
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 06:47:08 PM »

Paternal Gran swore by bicarb of soda for nearly everything: burns, baths [like sitting in flour  ;D] as it was what she had in the cupboard. 

Maybe try sitting with feet in a bowl of magnesium to see whether that helps?  Have a large towel to place the bowl onto; a kettle close by to top up until the toes go wrinkly ;-).  I used mustard for many years as a soother .......... powdered, mixed in a cup and added to warm water.  BLISS  :-*

I never have problems re VA with any bath products except salts or bath bombs  :o

Jari

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 09:42:09 AM »

Hi Shropshirelass,

I have Epsom salts (magnesium) baths once or twice a week. I usually add 4 handfuls and dissolve in bath. Soak for a good 20mins.

If you can't take magnesium supplements then you could add magnesium rich foods to your diet..eg. Broccoli, almonds, cashews, bananas, prunes etc..
x

Countrygirl

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 12:17:47 PM »

Shropshirelass have you tried a skin spray as I found I couldn't take the tablets due to my ibs, but have had no problems with this form x

Jillm

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 05:47:23 PM »

Hi Shropshirelass,

I take Epsom salts baths a couple of times a week, I find they help with aching muscles.
I also use BetterYou Magnesium Skin lotion. I like this it has a nice smell and is softer on skin than the magnesium spray, which I find makes my skin nippy.
I get it in Holland and Barratt ?9.99 I think👍

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 06:19:23 PM »

Thanks, think I'm going to try a foot soak to start with, and will look into the spray / lotion. Does it have to be applied at night? It already takes me ages doing all the VA prep so would prefer to do it at another time if possible.

Sooze

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 07:38:50 PM »

shrosphirelass,
I tried both bath soaks & lotions but never found that they helped at all.  A friend recommended Solgar Magnesium Citrate as she takes it and suffers with digestive issues, and I've got to be honest, it's never upset me and I'm defiantly feeling the benefits from taking.
HTH,
S

Dorothy

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 09:16:03 PM »

I used to use epsom salt baths a couple of times a week and didn't find it made my VA any worse.  I'd start off with a small amount and gradually increase though - that's what I did.