Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: side effects  (Read 1753 times)

Kimmibak

• First Flush
side effects
« on: November 29, 2019, 09:25:11 AM »

Hello, I Have been on Oestrodose, Tostran and utogestan since April.  Over the last few months I keep getting burning, like a cystitis, but I have been checked for infection and no infection,  also had ultrasound scan to check bladder and kidneys for stones etc and was clear.  It went away for a couple of months but now is back again.  It doesnt hurt when I pass water, just burns when I want to go, and I am going more often. Has anyone had this - could it be a side effect of any of the hormones? Everything else is fine, sex drive is back, all good apart from this but is very uncomfortable and getting me down. Anyone had similar? Next step would be a cystoscopy but didnt really want to have that done unless really needed.  Thank you

Joaniepat

Re: side effects
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 10:50:11 AM »

Kimmibak, this sounds like VA to me. Rather than being a side effect of the hormones you are already using, it could be that you need local oestrogen to benefit the genitourinary tract. It often needs targeted treatment.

JP x

Wilks

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 01:40:17 PM »

I agree with Joaniepat. I had a similar issue and local oestrogen cream really helped.

Kimmibak

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 06:48:10 PM »

Thank you. I just thought that as sex is no longer painful and everything there seems to be all in working order again that it couldn't be VA. Before I went on the hormones I definitely had VA as I couldn't have sex as it hurt too much but it doesn't anymore, did you have similar though?