Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Having the Mirena coil forced on me  (Read 3311 times)

EleanorB

Re: Having the Mirena coil forced on me
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 07:14:56 AM »

Hi Sheila,

The side effects are extreme fatigue, dreadful reflux and constipation, (I had these previously but the progesterone in the mirena has slowed my digestive motility to a snail's pace) intermittent awful nausea, low mood (just a general sense of low level downness) a lot of the time, back pain, muscle pain, initially an upswing in migraine although this has mostly stabilised. Initially spotting but this has also stopped.

We're all different, some people get a mirena and love it. Pot luck.

yellowflower

Re: Having the Mirena coil forced on me
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2019, 11:19:39 PM »

I'm in Australia and they all push the Mirena here too.
1) I don't want some foreign object in my uterus.
2) it's just another form of dreaded progesterone.
3) I have read many testimonies of side effects, months on end of bleeding, the coil falling out and even a hysterectomy due to it perforating a uterus.
Some women love it though. Plus it's dirt cheap. https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/women-arent-being-warned-about-the-dangers-of-mirena-iuds/news-story/854f86588ccc2647e34266f7694eb2c8
It can cause Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension as well.
3 cheers for Tibolone!

I am also Australian and I specifically requested not to have an IUD put in as I was prolapsed and had already had an IUD put in years ago. I also did not want to take progesterone daily, so I elected a hysterectomy and repairs done privately. Best thing I ever did!
Pages: 1 [2]