Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Drowsiness in the head and balance issues  (Read 1327 times)

Figen

Drowsiness in the head and balance issues
« on: December 18, 2019, 01:18:48 PM »

Hi everyone,
I'm 48 years old and still having periods but within the time interval 22-40 days.
Since 1 month, I have a drowsiness/dizziness in my head. I feel off balance but  actually not losing my balance in real, it is just a feeling.Very weird feelings and hard to explain. I had my blood test done recently and some low levels with Iron,B12, D vit and Biotin. I have started to take supplements for 1 week. My doctor also advised me to take antidepressants but I haven't started and not sure if I should take or not. I went to another doctor to check if there is any problem with my ears but he didn't see any abnormal and asked me to have further tests like balance and hearing tests. I tried to explain him about my peri-menopause but he didn't care   :-\
I would be very pleased if anyone shares her experiences having similar problems like mine.
Thanks a lot!

sheila99

Re: Drowsiness in the head and balance issues
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 02:53:02 PM »

I'm not sure about the meno aspect of it. Mine was caused by damage to the inner ear by a virus. Gp wouldn't be able tell by looking at it as it was internal. Do you have other symptoms? The variable cycles would indicate you're in peri so you should be offered hrt not ads. Many GPS know very little about meno.
 Whether you take hrt or not I would go for the tests just in case it turns out to be something else.

Salad

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 02:57:46 PM »

Hi - how worrying for you.

I'm sure my Vitamin D deficiency caused dizziness and added to my daytime fatigue.
Hopefully as your level improves, you should feel a bit better.
Are you considering HRT?, as this can help lift your mood, so antidepressants won't be needed as well, necessarily.
It might be an idea to book in with a ‘menopause friendly' GP to discuss your options.

Good luck 😊

CrispyChick

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 04:06:31 PM »

Hi. I'm not going to say much, other than this is totally me!!!!

I have had all tests going and am now concluding it is probably perimenopause. I am waiting to be seen at menopause clinic. I am 43 and trying different combined contraceptive pills to try and flatten my hormones.

If you are considering hrt, I would do that at the same time as any other investigations. All my other investigations are clear, and I have had many. I would not suggest that you do not pursue them though. As our symptoms are difficult to describe, you could well have something different. Xx