Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: VA question  (Read 5474 times)

Patsie

Re: VA question
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2019, 12:21:58 PM »

Again sorry if this is tmi but getting a lot of discharge and feeling uncomfortable but like the start of thrush though not sure it is

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2019, 02:07:12 PM »

I think the discharge MIGHT be the Vagifem doing it's job.  I also have discharge and according to my GP, it is a sign that the vagina is getting moist and that is good.  More ladies on this site have far more experience on VVA then I do so hopefully can provide other advice.

Kathleen

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2019, 02:50:00 PM »

Hello ladies

Birdy -  very interesting comments regarding vaginal moisturisers. I have been using Replens with good results but in light of your post I think I'll try  Yes or Sylk instead.  Thanks for the heads up.

Take care.

K.

Patsie

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2019, 03:37:28 PM »

My doctor suggested I wash in dermol 500 but have not done so yet only been bathing in water as do not want to go backwards.  Has anybody used this?

Patsie

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2019, 04:31:40 PM »

Hi
I've now stopped using the estriol as it did nothing still getting only what I can describe as someone sticking needles in my vulva and there is one particular spot which is always sore.  Have tried Sylk and this eases it off but only for a short while and then the throbbing and pain comes back.  I decided to stop everything and it all started to feel better for one day then the pain can back.  I do not understand with all the vagifem estriol and moisturisers I have used nothing seems to help.  Every day is sore and it is getting me down.

Does anyone have any advice as this all started last year after not drinking enough one day and started with a water infection

Patsie

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2019, 09:11:08 PM »

Thanks Birdy will keep persevering with the estriol and Sylk

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2019, 12:58:26 AM »

Went thru the same thing.  My lady bits felt like I was sitting on a cactus.  Birdy is right.  My GP insisted I use Vagifem daily.  After MANY months, vulva got better and better.  From what I was told, you are waking up tissues and nerves that have been estrogen depleted.  It takes a very long time with Vagifem but stick with local estrogen of some sort and eventually things will start to improve.  Good luck.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2019, 12:02:31 PM »

It can be a while B4 the vagina becomes moist enough for those symptoms to be relieved.

Dryness = itchyness - think of after swimming or a bath, if one leaves a wet patch on the skin, does it not itch?

For me it was like razor blades up there  :o and the tender spot which has been present for years is still bothersome at times.  Add to that the need to pee often, like a urine infection-type feeling.  GP recognised symptoms and 'ovestin' serves me well [along with KY Jelly  ;)]. 

If symptoms continue Patsie, up the amount you are using.  'vagifem' was initially delivered at 25 and is now 10 - some bright spark  >:( decided that ladies didn't need such a high dose.  Some need two inserts occasionally, some require nightly use to keep symptoms at bay.  It really is a personal experiment to find what works for each of us.

Give the treatment on a regular basis at least 6 months to allow the vagina to absorb the small amount of hormone. 

suzysunday

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2019, 02:55:51 PM »

Yes Patsie, it takes months to improve and you need to keep on top of it.  It can really get you down .  All the best x

Patsie

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2019, 07:30:38 PM »

Thanks everyone for your posts it makes me feel better that I am not alone feeling the way I am xx

Merry Xmas to you all  :)

Lyncola

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2019, 08:49:49 PM »

This post makes me feel better too, it's a long journey to virginal happiness.
Merry Christmas everyone  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2019, 08:50:27 PM »

Usually someone around on here ;-)

If there is a discharge then it's usually the application working  8)

Patsie

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2020, 06:19:42 PM »

Hi,

I have now been using the Vagifem every three days and on the same day using estriol on the exterior area.  I have found that on the day after it gets very uncomfortable as the day goes on.  Has anybody else found this could it be the fillers?

I am slowly getting an hour or so where I feel great and there is no soreness but go the loo and wham it's back again.  It's been a year now and hope that this year will see a better improvement

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2020, 06:22:06 PM »

How long did you use the 'vagifem' for initially, overnight?

Some find that this needs to continue as less than nightly is not enough.  I would suggest a re-load or ask your GP for 'ovestin': same idea, delivered into the vagina slightly differently.

Patsie

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2020, 06:42:52 PM »

Hi CLKD,

At the beginning it was the 14 day load and then I went to every three days.  Find the soreness is more external than internal so have been using the estriol .  It's just the soreness seems worse by the end of the following day after I have used it. There are some days that get me down as I feel it will not improve.  On the days I don't use cream and pessary I use Sylk. 

Not sure whether to go back to GP but getting an appt is horrendous.  The waiting time is 6 weeks if not urgent >:(
Pages: 1 [2] 3