Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mirena appointment & what to expect  (Read 1529 times)

Tc

Re: Mirena appointment & what to expect
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2019, 07:28:47 PM »

Hiya aam. Hiya ladies.  I'm due to have my first mirena fitted on 16th December. I too was told to take painkillers before.  I've never had children.

But my systemic  HRT is poorly controlling my VA (im using nightly ovestin and daily yes VM. But I'm sore and dry  inside stil)  plus . I also have a bladder and uterine prolapse so I'm realy anxious about it.  I'm going to ask my doc for a diazepam.

May I ask you ladies who have had a fitting how you were afterwards. Unfortunately I've got to get from one side of London to the other by train for my fitting, plus I have agreed to help a friend with a charity night on the evening and will be on my feet all the time

Are you supposed to rest?

Good luck aam.  Xxxx

Tinkerbell

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2019, 08:05:07 PM »

TC... After my Mirena fitting i did a supermarket shop and carried on as normal. I have been up in London weekly for last month and know how busy it is so i don't think it would be a great idea to dart on a train straight away, i would suggest you find a coffee shop and sit quietly for an hour before you brave the trains.

Poshpaws

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2019, 08:32:44 PM »

I took today off work - I work in an opticians - but I did a lot of stuff today including just cleaned my bathroom but I am tired and have think I've done a bit too much - had to take a couple of ibuprofen as had a few crampy pains - nothing too bad but just could feel it a bit more than this morning

I found myself moving a lot slower and more carefully than normal - hubby likened me to the sloath on zootropolis!!!! I found mind myself sitting down very carefully!!! I think that's psychological though!!!

This is the first one I have ever had - for the first day though I think I've been ok

I have work tomorrow for four hours but I will be taking it easy and putting my feet up in the afternoon

I'm listening to my body and if I get tired I am taking a few minutes out and I have found peppermint tea is soothing and makes me feel good

Tc

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2019, 09:23:20 PM »

Thank you ladies. That's put my mind at rest. The doc did say I will have to stay there for at least half an hour after before I can leave. Afterwards. Xxx

AAM5

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2019, 10:12:49 PM »

Thank you everyone for taking the time to post x not long till Tuesday xxx
Pages: 1 [2]