Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: cyclic v continuous  (Read 329 times)

Arabella11

• First Flush
cyclic v continuous
« on: September 28, 2023, 02:09:09 PM »

Hi all, I am  49 and was started on HRT 10 months ago peri menopause, with main symptoms of disabling migraines. Gel and urtrogestan cyclic, 2 months in the gel was horrendous with side effects so was switched to Everol 50 patch and urtrogestan continuous as every time i stopped the progesterone the migraines and joint pain would come back. Within 10 months I have various changes in dose but currently on 75 Everol and 100 at night urtrogestan. This has been the norm for about 7 months. However, I am having very light spotting every 3-4 weeks. GP did advise I could have this but prescribed anyway. Not actually had any proper period for about 5 months. I think in some way my body is trying to overide the hrt as im in perimenopause. Fatigue is becoming an issues also. I feel generally yeuch on it and thinking of 2 options of coming off altogether, or going back onto cyclic 14/28 days. has anyone just stopped there HRT and to what effect? just generally seeking opinions in all ways. Thankyou for taking the time to read xxx :-\ :)