Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Anger issues - increase or decrease oestrogen dosage?  (Read 457 times)

CarolN11

• First Flush
Anger issues - increase or decrease oestrogen dosage?
« on: September 27, 2023, 08:13:01 AM »

Hi Ladies,

I'm 59 and on a 75mg Evorel patch along with Utrogestan.  I never used to be an angry person but I can almost explode with anger now and I find everything gets on my nerves.  I felt like reversing the car into a wall instead of the drive yesterday then burst into tears when I got in the house.  My poor partner.   I'm wondering if I should try increasing the Evorel patch to 100mg.  Does anyone know if that would help by increasing the oestrogen I take.

Any advice much appreciated, thank you.

SarahT

Re: Anger issues - increase or decrease oestrogen dosage?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 09:24:47 AM »

Morning Carol,

Moods have been my worse hormonal symptoms, during my whole life but hitting perimenopause and they went through the roof. Anger, irritability,
horrible anxiety the works.
I upped my patches bit by bit and ended up on a 125 patch,whilst that did have a better impact on moods I decided to also go back onto an anti depressant ( stopped Sertraline when I first went on hrt). This combo has improved my moods, given me a bit more stability. My moods were very much worse cyclically, in the run up to my period but pretty dire all month. I am on a low dose AD,  but know I can up it if need be.

Am sure others  can advise as well.

CarolN11

• First Flush
Re: Anger issues - increase or decrease oestrogen dosage?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 07:53:06 PM »

Hi Sarah,

Thanks very much for your reply.  I might try upping the patch to 100mg as I've had a bad experience withdrawing from antidepressants before. I'm glad you found something that worked for you, there are so many options, it's so confusing!    ???