Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hiatus Hernia Help  (Read 5560 times)

Bobidy

Re: Hiatus Hernia Help
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2019, 09:18:51 AM »

Yes I think so, it has only reared its ugly head again recently though. I've had about 3 years with nothing at all.

I'm wondering if when (hopefully) it settles again and my stomach slips back down if I can come off the tablets again.

Do you take any supplements with yours?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2019, 09:25:13 AM »

The way to find out if the body is deficient is to have appropriate blood tests.  Both what you worry about are quite rare.

Supplements shouldn't be taken until the blood results are back. Too much of some minerals can be harmful in that the body doesn't eject them, others can interact with prescribed medications.  VitB12 can interact badly with some old antidepressant medication: my Dad wasn't allowed bananas, broad beans, Marmite, Bovril, cheese - the latter could have been fatal.

What's to lose?   If your symptoms are so painful that you are considering medication to ease them ...........

I have a good balanced diet.  I try not to eat too late to going to bed, take my meds at night, even so I sometimes get reflux  >:( whcich requires 'rennies'. 

Tracey E

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 10:04:31 AM »

Hmmm that's a really interesting article showing what we've all been wondering for a while, whether hrt increases reflux etc

I so don't want PPIS but I'm going to have to. I'm really worried about b12 and magnesium deficiency though. I'm wondering if I take those supplements whilst on PPIS whether they will absorb?

Im also concerned about the rebound acid reflux after taking the PPIS.

Basically I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't I think!

Yeah I do believe they can affect the absorption of minerals. I didn't want to go down the PPI route. I'm going to buy one of them wedge pillows Biodidy to see if that helps my symptons.

Tracey E

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 10:12:40 AM »

Interesting article. I think your situation is different though bobidy as you have a hernia so with or without HRT you would still have some problem with reflux?

Taz x

Yes you would but it could exasperate the problem Taz. I never suffered with acid or indigestion or bloating before I went on HRT. Within half an hour of putting on a new patch I was burping. Estrogel was ok for a while then the burping, indigestion and palpitations started. All interlinked. Estrodrial has definitely affected my digestive system in a negative way. :( I'm just wondering how long it will be before I start to feel better. It's been 7 weeks since I stopped the HRT and although my symptons have improved they've not gone away.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 10:16:18 AM by Tracey E »

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2019, 11:46:03 AM »

I've always had indigestion, runs in the family  ::).  None of us is overweight, we eat well, exercise appropriately.  I can't burp though  :-\ and if I do, we both yelp  ;D

Tracey E

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2019, 01:01:32 PM »

CLKD I tried this yoga exercise sitting in a chair. I couldn't curl my tongue though, :o but it still seemed to help. I will try for the next seven days. No belching or palps so far today..

https://youtu.be/geNfabdNUgI

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2019, 01:03:44 PM »

I've never been able to curl my tongue  ::) .........

Tracey E

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2019, 01:09:33 PM »

I tried for 15 minutes and then gave up did all the other stuff seven times and it does seem to have helped.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2019, 01:29:28 PM »

DH has always been able to curl his .......... and doesn't have indigestion - go figure  :D

Tracey E

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2019, 03:33:01 PM »

DH has always been able to curl his .......... and doesn't have indigestion - go figure  :D

Maybe there's some form of tenuous link there.🤨

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2019, 03:57:37 PM »

;)
Pages: 1 [2]