Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Magnesium  (Read 14269 times)

Tracey E

Re: Magnesium
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2019, 02:52:04 PM »

I use a sensitive magnesium spray by betterYou at night as found tablets upset my tummy x

Yes I have the magnesium oil too, it's fab..x

Sparrow

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2019, 02:59:24 PM »

i wouldn't be without magnesium! I also bath in epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) and I use borax too.

Hi Birdy, what is borax good for?

I'm amazed magnesium has stopped the pals, I've got a box of propanolol sitting here and they had little effect at all. :( X

Magnesium is a muscle relaxant which includes the heart muscle.  It is often used as a by doctors, in certain circumstances, for heart problems.

coldlittleheart

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2019, 03:54:36 PM »

I take Magnesium every night too! :) It's in a ZMA formulation, it's zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6. It helps with sleep. I also sometimes rub magnesium spray on my legs at bedtime if my legs are achy. It seems to help.

How much magnesium are you taking daily?

300mg from the ZMA tablets, and lots from the foods I eat as well (turns out I eat a lot of high magnesium foods). Plus the magnesium spray. Not sure how much it contains but it is absorbed through the skin. I used to take higher doses but didn't really feel much difference.

I guess there must be a lot of folk out there magnesium deficient. I don't understand how you can get to the age of fifty and then suddenly need magnesium, when you never needed it before. 🤔

It is my miracle cure for all my ailments, I will no longer be without it. X

I don't understand how we can get to the age of fifty and then suddenly fall apart like an old MOT failure! :o

Tracey E

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2019, 04:04:28 PM »

Aww I'll take a look at Bioran, thanks..

QueenofReds3

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2019, 05:15:53 PM »

Birdy, I have had the worse day at work and your post made me laugh so much. You are right about it giving you the s**ts. Nothing like being to the point😊
I use the oil at night, it helps with the aches and pains.
Xx

Sammiejane

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2019, 05:57:08 PM »

hi birdy

it doesn't give me the shits i was recommended to take it as i suffer with IBSC lazy bowel slow transit so my collerectal consultant said it fine to take as will soften stools and help u go hence why i just take 200mg although may look at the magnesium tracey mentioned.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2019, 06:57:58 PM »

I've heard really positive things about magnesium so I tried it last year, mainly for sleep issues and stress. I used Floradix Magnesium Liquid as it was suppossed to easier to absorb, but it gave me lots of stomach issues, so gave up.  I did wonder about using it externally, what are others experiences?

Countrygirl

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2019, 07:38:05 PM »

ShropshireLass I use the the better you sensitive spray because I tried a couple of different tablets and as birdy mentioned I became a sprinter to the loo and lots of cramp too x

Bobidy

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2019, 08:11:38 PM »

Hi, I use the Better You magnesium sleep lotion. It just rubs in without the oily residue. Great on tired muscles and the massaging in also helps x

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2019, 10:06:12 PM »

Ali, hey Hun.
Do try the magnesium, it's good for aches and pains too.
I'm looking for something to take, cos I think I might stop the Fluoxetine as well  :(
And I've seen some recommendations for Inositol (sometimes referred to as vit B8) which is supposed to be good for anxiety.
I just need to order it online.
x

Tracey E

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2019, 10:08:46 PM »

Countrygirl

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2019, 05:41:31 AM »

I didn't realise there was an oil, will have to look for that one x

alibeau

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2019, 09:55:08 AM »

Morning,

I ordered the nighttime magnesium spray yesterday, due for delivery today.

Worth a try!

Hey Pants46..... aren't you nearing the point when you might start to feel the benefit of fluoxetine?  I too read about Inositol.... one thing at a time though!

Thanks ladies.

Ali x

Spangles

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2019, 04:33:30 PM »

I've just picked up some lemon flavour effervescent tablets to try, just 200mg. Will see how I get on.
xXx

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2019, 05:12:00 PM »

Thats the theory Ali. But the pharmacist gave me fluoxetine made by  a different company, dont know whether tgat has had an impact. But feel worse over the past week (since Ive taken the new stuff), with nausea and dizziness. And of course, my breakdown on Sunday.  :'(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4