Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Another Mini Update  (Read 1027 times)

Kathleen

Another Mini Update
« on: October 10, 2019, 05:21:50 PM »

Hello ladies

I thought I would post another mini update as I have now been three months HRT free.

I essence I feel no worse and, dare I say it, a little better than I was feeling on HRT.  I hope I haven't jinxed it lol.

Some background :-
I am 63 and nine years post meno and started  HRT after three years without periods as my symptoms were getting worse.  For the last six years I have used patches and gel with progesterone as I still have my womb. I never felt great on HRT, possibly because I didn't get the dose right and I continued to have various meno symptoms so decided to take a break to see where I am naturally.   My main symptoms were anxiety with jittery, internal shaking plus some tearfulness.

The situation now:-
I no longer feel as if I am on an emotional roller-coaster, it is now more like a toddler 's gentle ride but the symptoms are still there in the background. Infact, no two days are exactly the same but I am hoping that this is a sign of progress.  I still wake for the bathroom once or twice a night but always get back to sleep. My flushes were never too bad and have diminished even more. I still have some irrational anxiety and mood swings and I am not as tearfully. Basically I feel that although my symptoms remain they have lost a lot of intensity. The other noticeable change is that I developed raging VA raging after a few weeks without hormones but liberal applications of coconut oil and coconut butter have helped immensely.

I am pleased with the results so far though obviously my preference is to be completely symptom free. I will continue as I am for another month and then review again. I think my question is that if this is how I am going to feel for the rest of my life can I cope with it or do I need at least a small amount of HRT to feel really well and normal?

I know some other ladies are also stopping HRT for at least a while and I hope my experience will be of help to them. All comments welcome as ever.

Wishing you all well ladies.
K.

Lanzalover

Re: Another Mini Update
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 06:27:38 PM »

Thanks for the update.Pleased to read that things are heading in the right direction long may it continue.

Good luck on your journey

Lanzalover x

Dollydream

Re: Another Mini Update
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 06:53:08 PM »

Hi Kathleen
I can identify with what you're saying, I have been on the mirena and gel and never felt that I got the dose right.  Have stopped the gel and hoping to have the mirena removed in the next couple of weeks.  It's encouraging to hear that you can feel there has been an improvement in your symptoms.
Dolly x