Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: HRT, anxiety & grief.... BAD REACTION TO FLUOXETINE  (Read 13435 times)

alibeau

Re: HRT, anxiety & grief....
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2019, 11:45:24 AM »

Thank you CLKD.

The school have been fantastic.  We are due to go into school towards the end of next week, into a room they call ‘breathing space' with our daughters friends and after much discussion my husband has decided he will talk to the kids, the school counsellor and myself will be present.

Have a good weekend x

Ali xx

Tc

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2019, 03:10:27 PM »

I'm sure she will be very much missed by her friends and never forgotten Ali. I imagine it will be hard but I hope it's a comforting experience for both your family and the young people.

Much love xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2019, 09:09:12 PM »

I've only just seen your post Alibeau.....
I've just got to say I'm terribly sorry about your loss. What a terrible time for you, it's  the most horrific thing any mother and father could possibly go through. I'm truly so sorry....💐
Words fail me....xx
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 08:38:53 AM by jillydoll »

alibeau

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2019, 08:47:13 AM »

Thank you both.

I'm busy with work today, hope to fit in a dog walk, trying to keep my mind occupied and then GP appointment tomorrow.

Thanks all.

Ali x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2019, 09:44:33 AM »

I'd go for the dog walk first  ;D - tell us more about your pooch ;-) we have a dog breed thread somewhere  ::)

Remember, kids are resiliant as long as they get told the truth.

bear

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2019, 11:41:17 AM »

Hi Alibeau,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through.

BeaR.

alibeau

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2019, 06:43:13 PM »

Evening all.

GP appointment went well, hubby came with me as I obviously knew my daughter would come into the conversation and so he was able to talk about the tough stuff on my behalf.

I have tried to persevere with my physical anxiety symptoms for nearly six months and so although I do not feel depressed my GP felt that I would benefit from something just to take the edge off my symptoms and so she has prescribed Fluoxetine 20mg once a day. She said this was her preferred medication as she felt it had the least side effects. Does that sound about right?

She then examined my breast/armpit lump, agreed it was tiny and has referred me to the breast clinic for an ultra sound.

Given all the above she felt it was best to leave my HRT alone for now, to be reviewed in three months.

I have an appointment to go back in four weeks to review the 'Fluoxetine' situation!

I would appreciate any feedback on the above including is there a 'best' time of day to take the Fluoxetine? Morning or bedtime?

Many thanks ladies.

Ali x

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2019, 06:56:11 PM »

Hey ali.
I'm on fluoxetine (also known as prozac). Been on it for 2 weeks and 4 days  :)
Best time to take it is in the morning, just in case it disturbs your sleep. And try to take it after eating something. So try and have breakfast first.
I am taking it for the same reason as yourself - physical anxiety. Although my mood hasn't been great over the last few months, so hopefully it will help with that too. I'm not on hrt at the moment. I think the fluoxetine has helped reduce my evèning heat (inferno).
Any side effects will last 2 to 3 weeks. The full benefit comes after about 6 weeks. So be patient with it.
Sending you love. xx

alibeau

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2019, 10:30:37 AM »

Thank you Pants46!

Only day two of the fluoxetine and I am feeling very nauseous!  Started a couple of hours after taking my first tablet yesterday.  Obviously I'll stick with it but not much fun so far!!!   ;)

Hope you are doing ok  :)

Ali x

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2019, 06:43:59 PM »

Nausea is what caused me to stop most ADs until fortunately we hit on one that didn't make me feel sick.

I always take any new meds at night ............  ::). hopefully your symptoms will improve.

Let us know how the ultra-sound goes, do you walk in or have to wait for an appt.?

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2019, 06:50:18 PM »

Keep going Ali. It's not much fun, but it could really help. You won't know until you push through. Keep eating regularly. Small portions of yummy food. Keep hydrated too. You can do this. xx

alibeau

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2019, 07:15:21 AM »

Thank you both.

I will receive an appointment through the post for the breast clinic.... 

I was expecting the worst yesterday as I popped my second tablet but I didn't feel so nauseous yesterday which is good.  Strangely my physical anxiety symptoms have improved over the past couple of days which is also good?!? So all things considered, I'm doing ok  :)

We went into school to speak with my daughters friends yesterday, the school counsellor spoke to them first on their own, informed them of the cause of death and then we joined them.  They were all in tears, very upsetting but I am so glad we talked to them and that they were all together, they were all able to comfort one another. The last thing we wanted was one of them to read about it whilst home alone etc so I think we did a good thing....

Thanks again ladies.  Have a good weekend.

Ali x

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2019, 08:10:49 AM »

Morning.

I think joint discussion is good.  So many issues are seen as 'adult' and the younger people are put to one side.  Eventually they will be able to talk to you about your DD so you will gain other insights.  Maybe in time, make an album?

alibeau

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2019, 08:26:04 AM »

Thanks CLKD.

We've already had a glimpse into DD's school life, her friends made a PowerPoint of photos which was shown at a memorial assembly, it was lovely to see, I always knew that DD was witty but her friends say she was just so funny and the pictures showed this....  they also made us a memory book filled with hearts with hand written messages on from all the children who have been effected, the school have been brilliant....

Ali x

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2019, 08:27:02 AM »

That's lovely. 

How's your day looking?  Dog walking  :scottie: ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6