Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Siblings - need to vent!  (Read 7074 times)

Shadyglade

Re: Siblings - need to vent!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2019, 01:04:48 PM »

They sound very alike CLKD.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2019, 01:28:13 PM »

The older they get the more obvious  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 07:30:37 PM »

:bang:

Having had problems with sending my sister's sons cheques which went missing, courtesy of Royal Mail wouldn't you think that when I sent a letter and cheque to her husband, that she would let me know.  Well actually, I was wrong.  So the texts 2day read :

me: How is your husband celebrating his birthday
'gardening'
Has he had many cards?
'nope.  not many'
Did he get the one we sent?
he got a cheque and 2 cards one from you
So do you mean that he received our card and the cheque inside the envelope?
yep

She couldn't even be bothered to let me know that the envelope had arrived!! this is a repeat of an incident over 40 years ago when she 'forgot' that she had a gift from our Aunt to hand 2 our Mum - it was 3 weeks B4 she remembered  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 09:22:40 PM »

There was a topic on I think, The 1 Show recently: when did you begin to say the things to your children that your parents said to you.  I remember when Mum said "I wouldn't do that if I were You" retorting "But I'm not You!" and getting a clip  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2019, 08:04:10 PM »

My sister thinks that Mum is ignoring her - Mum has an ordinary 'phone with no caller ID on it but she thinks that Mum won't pick up if she thinks it's her ringing  >:(  ::)

I have told my sister several times when Mum is likely to be her room but she rings during the day when Mum is out and about or in the day room doing activities.  Then complains to me that Mum won't speak to her. 

:bang: :bang: :bang:

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2019, 05:21:20 PM »

A few months ago a fav 'aunt' died so I sent my sister a text. No response.

3 weeks ago a neighbour died: the 1 living next to our childhood home - again, no response to the text I sent with the information  :-\

I think that living remotely i.e. 8-9 hours journey by road from Mum, she doesn't feel the same issues that I deal with daily  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2019, 08:33:30 AM »

She's far enough away.    I don't expect a response - one would surprise me greatly - because she has narcissistic personality disorder so it's 'me, me, me' .......... again she mentioned that Mum never answers the phone, 'I expect she knows it's me and doesn't want to speak to me' . 

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2019, 07:52:52 PM »

Yep.  I can't imagine what it feels like to have a sister ........... one that I could trust  :-\

Nodding doesn't work with her or Mum  :(

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2019, 08:27:55 PM »

That's lovely Teresa - I taught my In-laws to hug  ;)

Padine

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2019, 01:01:37 PM »

Can we be sisters CLKD? 😊😊
Omg, the pain parents and siblings cause. For the sake of my mental health I have nothing to do with my mother and sister. Fortunately I have a younger brother who has been treated badly like me, and we have each other's back, I love him dearly.
I was excluded from lots of family things (eg. Parents had a silver wedding anniversary photo, professional with engraved names of who was in the photo. Mr P, grandson no. 1 and myself were not invited so no appearance 🥳)
My sister told tales on me all the time, got new clothes, was the golden girl, had big white wedding with puffy meringue dress to go with it. I complained to my dad once that sister was the favourite daughter and his reply was “you're my daughters and I can choose who I want to be my favourite” My mother is now a sad old woman/widow but she's still telling lies about what she guesses I'm doing. Because I have been on ADs, she's telling everyone that I'm schizophrenic!  I'm better off without the whole lot of them.
          Padine x

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2019, 01:54:18 PM »

My Dad never said that he loved me  :-\ and wasn't allowed to build a relationship.  Mum wouldn't leave me alone for long with him so he couldn't talk freely.

I pick who I spend time with.  Your Dad's reply wasn't helpful ..........  :hug:

I am sure that neither Mum nor my sister would see their behaviour as I witness it! 

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2019, 02:25:01 PM »

Put 20 people in the same situation and there will be 20 different interpretations.  I get that.  What I don't get is parents who can't be honest  :-\ and who obviously have favourites at the detriment of the others.
Pages: 1 [2]