Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tranexamic acid  (Read 5557 times)

Bobidy

Re: Tranexamic acid
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 02:32:54 PM »

Sounds like a plan. If you go ahead with the hysterectomy I'm happy to help advise with some useful pre and post op tips etc if you pm me (I have no idea how you do that sorry).

Try to have laproscopic if poss as I think this makes a big difference.

Remember to pop a painkiller before the hystoscopy. X

Justinfan20

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 03:49:19 PM »

Thanks for the tip xx ;)

Justinfan20

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 06:55:16 PM »

Hi all
Just a quick update. I had my appointment through for the hysteroscopy and biopsy which was on Saturday just gone. Unfortunately the doctor could not get the camera past the neck of my womb so subsequently couldn't do the biopsy either. Has this happened to anyone else?
I now have to wait for an appointment to have the procedure done under General anaesthetic.
I was so upset knowing that I am gonna have to wait again for an appointment after waiting 5 weeks for the first appointment to come through, even though it was an urgent appointment.
I had worked myself up to only having another week or so to wait for biopsy results but now I feel like I went through it all for nothing as I'm back to square one waiting again.
Soooo bloomin frustrated 🤔

Bobidy

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2019, 03:10:31 AM »

How annoying for you. It doesn't tickle either does it!

I had problems with my hysteroscopy as they had a notes mix up (ggrrrrrr) but then I had an MRI instead, I couldn't cope with another hysteroscopy as I found it so painful. I'm not sure if this is an option if they need a biopsy though.

ElkWarning

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2019, 03:31:37 PM »

Hi

I've had it all done under GA, because when they first gave it a go they couldn't get in and I felt very unsettled.  I'm a big fan of 'knock me out and just get on with it'.

Sorry to hear about the stressiness.

Justinfan20

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2019, 03:44:25 PM »

my appointment has arrived but its not until 4th october so  i have over 3 weeks more of worry!!!! :(
so stressed out!!!

ElkWarning

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 03:54:49 PM »

Are you still bleeding heavily?

Justinfan20

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2019, 08:40:48 AM »

Not at the moment.  I bled a bit on Saturday and Sunday after they tried to do the hysteroscopy but it's changed to a thick discharge now. Before I started bleeding in June, I had a really watery discharge for about a month, but this is thicker at the moment. Not sure if I'm gonna have a period this month either.
Everything is all over the place at the moment and it's not fun 😖

ElkWarning

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2019, 12:50:45 PM »

Oh dear, but at least niagra falls has abated for a bit.

Justinfan20

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2019, 01:53:10 PM »

Yes, a month ago I thought I was never gonna stop bleeding.
Just been for blood test so I will find out if my anaemia has sorted itself too  😊

Viwi

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2019, 08:45:02 AM »

I tried to use Tranexamid acid - didn't work at all for my heavy bleedings :(
Had polips removed - they came back.
One day I just went to my GP and demanded total histerectomy with ovularis removed - the best decision in my life :) Like Bobidy said - ask them for laparoscopy - after 2 weeks you will be running :) I was a little scared - but not surgery itself, but what come next - menopause and blader problems... Blader.. ok - learned that I need to take care of myself a little more in this subject and menopause... first few days was... funny - I have realy low blood presure so I constantly have cold feet and hands and when hot flushes came - I was finaly warm  ;D but 10 days after surgery I got patches and I'm cold again :P
Wish you luck on your visit  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]