Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femoston 2/10 Advice please  (Read 945 times)

Salamantha

• First Flush
Femoston 2/10 Advice please
« on: April 18, 2020, 05:02:02 PM »

Hi there  :D

I am new to the forum and would like to hear how ladies have managed when they first start HRT and in particular Femoston? I started on Femoston 1/10 last November and it didn't do a lot for me, so they have increased it to 2/10 and I have just started my period, however I wasn't sure if I start the new pack on day 1 of my period or if you can start it any time within the 14 days? It is a bit confusing I must say, the pink pills I believe are Oestrogen and the cream ones are the Oestrogen and progesterone.  I thought I would start on Monday as its a new pack.  I did take a break between them due to a breast check up.

I am in Peri and symptoms are mainly low mood, anxiety and thrush symptoms that I have had recurrent on and off from last November plus I have have repeated UTI's for the last few years, but touch wood have been in remission for a few months.  I also have the night sweats.  I get very tears and emotional coming up to my period, these are more frequent and very light (2 days max) I think I have been in peri from the age of 43 after I had a miscarriage and ever since then I have had on and off depression and bladder/vaginal issues.  It has certainly been a rollercoaster !! I know lacking in Oestrogen can cause the receptor cells in the bladder and vagina to become thinner and thus causing infections, dryness, atrophy etc.  I have also not been intimate with my husband for along time and this has caused anxiety.  I was reluctant to go on HRT but I was coming to the end of my tether with all these symptoms!!

Thanks for reading folks and any support would be appreciated and this is such a good support to so many women out there. Thank you. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Femoston 2/10 Advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 05:08:42 PM »

Hi!

Get thyself to the GP pronto and ask for vaginal atrophy treatment.  Do read the threads here ....... the idea is to use the treatment for 2 weeks every night and follow the instructions ......... look for 'sylc' and 'yes' products by using the search button.  Make notes.

VA mimics repeated urine infection-type symptoms really really well!!

As oestrogen levels drop so the body may become dry: inside and out - skin, scalp, deep in the ears, eyes, vagina, nostrils .......

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 07:33:32 PM »

Hi Salamantha.

Just wanted to welcome you, I'm on femoston conti, which is the one if your POST meno, but I know what you mean about it not making much difference at the start of it. It seemed to take an age for it to kick in for me. I've been on it now for over two years now and I wouldn't stop it for anything. The progesterone suits me.
Thing is when your in peri, your still making bits of your own hormones, and sometimes they drop so low, it's hard for the hrt to do its thing. Other times you may have too much hormones, and that will give you symptoms too. it's really hard to get a balance. That's my take on it anyway.
Hang on in there, it will get better, when? I don't know, but keep fighting! Xxx
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 07:36:03 PM by jillydoll »

Salamantha

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 02:47:42 PM »

Thanks for the info. Yes I have tried vagifem and estriol creams in the past but it seemed to trigger soreness and thrush like symptoms so I stopped. I may have to try again. I will give the HRT a chance to work.. I did feel less dry down below once I was on it but I did get another bout of thrush. This may of been down to stress and a 10k run! It doesn't help with dampness and heat down there lol.

Thanks Jilly, it is different for everyone isn't it. Takes longer for some for affect.
I was considering going private for advice but will see a little later down the line how things pan out. Appreciate the comments. :) x