Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Natural vitamin suggestions  (Read 3018 times)

Sleepy123

Natural vitamin suggestions
« on: August 07, 2019, 09:08:40 AM »

I have been taking HRT for 6 weeks but have decided to stop using it as it was making me feel a bit sick and sleep was all over the place.
Can anyone recommend any natural supplements or vitamins? I was thinking of trying centrum over 50?

Jari

Re: Natural vitamin suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 01:39:15 PM »

Sleepy, I also took hrt for a few weeks. Put on huge amount of weight and had really bad anxiety. I came off it too and these symptoms went, thankfully.
I've found Viridian a good brand. Good quality vitamins.
I'm taking 40+ multi and am getting Synerbio plus.

Also taking bio care vit c and bio care omega 3! X

Sleepy123

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 10:22:59 PM »

Thanks Jari. I'm trying to do the natural route so I will definitely check them out x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 01:31:11 PM »

Menopause is natural.  When symptoms take over daily living though, finding something that eases feelings is essential.

squeaker99

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 02:15:33 PM »

Hi. I'm in Peri and bad sleep  and anxiety has been my worst symptom. I have tried everything going natural and unnatural but had to resort to GP sleeping tabs a few times.  I started taking something called Neuro Night Complex a few weeks ago after a bad bout of no sleep and  (touch lots of wood and maybe a big dollop of placebo effect)  is seems to be making a difference.  I seem to go to sleep faster, wake up less and have even slept through the night a few times (which I haven't done for years). It has 5HTP in it which I had never heard of. It works a bit like an SSRI but is naturally derived from a root (I think). I did try Sertraline for a week but it didn't agree with me.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has tried or heard of 5HTP . I am very cautious of trying Vits/Minerals etc off the internet and sceptical of reviews but you can get this in Holland & Barrett so I figured it can't be too bad.   Saying that I now have a bag of Peruvian worry dolls under my pillow so you can see I will try and old voodoo to get some rest.  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 11:09:20 AM »

There are several threads on 5HTP - put it into the search box ?

Exercise
Yoga - my boss used to recommend this in the early 1970s [way out?]
Healthy eating
Plenty of 'me' time
Hobbies

Learning relaxation therapy
I use 'rescue remedy' mouth spray when necessary