Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Private mammogram screening  (Read 731 times)

Blueflower19

• First Flush
Private mammogram screening
« on: September 06, 2019, 12:55:03 PM »

Hello All I am considering going private for a mammogram, I am on hrt and I am too young for the national screening programme. I'm 45,  have any of you done this and if so what is the cost?

AgathaC

Re: Private mammogram screening
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 02:35:26 PM »

I have this done once a year, together with an examination and an ultrasound, and have done since I was 35-ish due to my sister having breast cancer in her 30's and also my mother's twin. It costs me a few hundred pounds but, as I suffer with health anxiety anyway, I feel it is worth it. It is also instant - mammogram looked at while you are there. Happy to send more specific details if you would like? I am in London x

dahliagirl

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 02:57:49 PM »

Our local Nuffield private hospital does it and I am sure the Bupa one does too - probably worth ringing those in your locality to ask.

There was a price list on the coffee table, like a café, last time I went to one with my husband  ;D

Turkish delight

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 07:41:38 AM »

Hia!

You can have a private mamogram on the nhs. It costs just 50 quid. And at least the money goes back into the nhs coffers. I had it done recently, Im in the southeast of England.

If you contact your local hospitals breast clinic and ask them to sort it out for you of to give you a number to call. Good luck.

TD

Blueflower19

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 08:50:27 PM »

Hi All Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, really helpful information, will def give the local hospital a go first before looking at the other options, as it seems the less expensive option which always helps.   Will let you know how I get on.