Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mini Update  (Read 3259 times)

Hurdity

Re: Mini Update
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 07:41:33 PM »

Hi Kathleen - sorry I missed your post as I don't tend to look in this section much - just caught stellajane's name on the front page  ;).

I agree you're very brave coming off HRT after a long time taking it - I would dread doing that especially as my life now and what I do is based around being well (even though I'm getting older and not quite as fit etc as I was) and would be very worried about having to do less, and any adverse consequences to my health although as you say the body should adjust eventually to some extent at least in terms of flushes and sweats.

You mentioned VA but I wonder if you are taking somethng to prevent deterioration here as a result of oestrogen decline? I can't remember whether you were on Vagifem or estriol as well? Please don't wait for things to deterioriate vaginally as it can take some time for the full (negative) changes to occur and consequently (as some women on here find) it can take longer to fix...

Keeping us updated in your journey is very thoughtful and helpful because it will chart how you feel along the way.

re the hunger and appetite - it's strange for this to swing so much so I wonder if you have had other things tested eg other hormones - thyroid, blood sugar etc? Also maybe being mostly vegan you notice this more as with a plant based diet you need to eat more so possibly notice energy deficit more quickly - like herbivores?

Anyway do hope your journey continues to be positive in spite of having blips....

Take care :)

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 08:47:01 PM »

:lol: I know the feeling

(sorry Kathleen to hijack briefly!)

Hurdity x

Jari

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 06:58:18 AM »

Well done Kathleen. 3 months sounds like a good plan and if that goes ok, maybe another 3 months. :) step by step.

I spoke to my GP yesterday. It was about my bone scan results, which don't seem to have arrived. Anyway, while she was on the phone, I took the chance to ask about the meno symptoms. She asked how I was doing on the Sertraline, but I told her I stopped taking them as they made me feel weird. I asked her what her feeling is, given all the patients she sees. She said most women she sees tend to pass through the menopause in 2-3 years and then put it behind them, but of course there are some that have symptoms that go on..

She asked if I wanted to try a different AD, but I said I felt I was coping ok with the flushes and that I feel they are decreasing, so, as long as this continues, I will not take any more drugs.

Good luck and keep posting!! X

Kathleen

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 12:18:49 PM »

Hello again ladies

Hurdity -  As you may recall, I have never enjoyed full symptom relief from taking HRT so taking a break doesn't feel like such a leap. My dismal results are probably due to not taking sufficient oestrogen but I struggled with bleeding and anaemia when I attempted to increase doses.  My VA seems to come and go at the moment so manageable so far. I take your point about future developments so I will, keep an eye on it. My blood sugar is okay as was my Thyroid at last testing. I'll certainly keep the forum updated as it may help others and don't worry about hijacking my thread, all are welcome here!

Jari - I'm pleased to see that you are doing so well and your GP is supporting your choices.

Take care ladies.

K.

Pages: 1 [2]