Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Menopause Symptoms  (Read 1566 times)

Ellie1

Menopause Symptoms
« on: August 25, 2019, 05:46:07 PM »

Good Evening,

Reassurance please.  I am now on month 4 of Femoston and I can say some of my symptoms have improved and some have not.  The brain fog and restless legs have gone.  The hot flushes have reduced.  What I have noticed is that I am feeling more and more anxious, and I think a little paranoid.  Basically I do not feel at peace with myself.  I went back to my Dr and asked for a review and she suggested that I should persevere on the lower dose of 1/10 which I have done however having just been on holiday and felt stressed and anxious the whole time was not reassuring or pleasant.

I know I shall have to go back to my GP as I can not go on feeling like this.  I wonder if an antidepressant would help my symptoms or would increasing my HRT be more beneficial. I have been taking Bach Rescue Remedy for about 4 weeks and Nytol as well to try and help my symptoms.

Any advice greatly received.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopause Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 06:06:10 PM »

Maybe put the name of the product into the search box on here.  See what pops up?  Make notes ;-)

You may need a hike in dose.  You may benefit from an anti-anxiety medication 'as necessary'.  Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary, some fine it useful.

:welcomemm:  I find that intense heat makes me more anxious  :-\

friend of lhasa apso

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 06:11:16 PM »

Hi Ellie 1 !,
You may be better trying a separate patch on low dose and utrogestan for 14 days if you're perimenopausal. Or maybe  try different tablet ?The progesterone can make people more anxious and there's different types so it can be trial and error finding one that suits you .

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 05:11:55 PM »

Hello Ellie 1 and welcome to the forum.

As I'm sure you know, not feeling at peace with yourself is definitely a meno symptom, infact my trusty meno book describes it as a feeling of unease  caused by declining oestrogen. You have my sympathy as I find the emotional effects of the menopause more troublesome than the physical ones.

I'm sure you will have more replies from other ladies regarding your specific HRT regime but many of us also take an anti depressant at this time in our lives.

Wishing you well.

K.

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 11:02:39 PM »

Hi Ellie1- you probably need to consider upping your oestrogen dose. I wouldn't rush for the anti depressants until you've done this and tried it  ( increased oestrogen) for a while. You could consider ADs later if you feel that they might be beneficial .